Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Just brought home my first ford, 1985 Bronco, recently rebuilt 351 Windsor v8 engine. Been waiting for 4WD for forever and this fit the bill with a big family. First up is necessary maintenance then on to lift and tires!View attachment 41868
Awesome! Welcome!

Jonah "Rustyburbin" #4084.
5 kids, a wife, dog and a
1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: Rexx

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

Thank you! Been usin my old liberty for a while now, but the 2nd and size wasn't cutting it. The bronco is in overall good health, needs a bathere and a brake master to start, will let yu know if I run into any gremlins, thanks!

Reactions: Rusty burbin

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Thank you! Been usin my old liberty for a while now, but the 2nd and size wasn't cutting it. The bronco is in overall good health, needs a bathere and a brake master to start, will let yu know if I run into any gremlins, thanks!
Yeah man that old American iron is pretty solid and it's hard to beat stylistically! I'm in an old Suburban for many of the same reasons... big family, lots of gear and a budget! I have a build thread if you're interested.

Good luck with your build! It's tons of fun... well sometimes it's fun. Lol!

1970 K20 Suburban

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

Haha right though, I know, I read over your thread this morning, you put in serious work man, hats off to you. I wanted to ask about your hot water set up along the exhaust, where is that piped to

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Haha right though, I know, I read over your thread this morning, you put in serious work man, hats off to you. I wanted to ask about your hot water set up along the exhaust, where is that piped to
As you read there, it's a simple "tube over tube" heat exchanger. 1.5" copper pipe with a 1/2" copper pipe down the center of it. The 1.5" section of the heater is plumbed into the coolant system... more specifically, I pulled one hose off the heater core and ran it to the heat exchanger then back to the heater core. Simple!

So if you're following the path of the actual hose it goes like this.

1. Water pump "out"
2. Heater core "in"
3. Heater core "out"
4. Heat exchanger "in"
5. Heat exchanger "out"
6. Top of the intake manifold "in"

I hope this helps. If you plan on making one for your rig don't hesitate to give me shout. I can advise or even make one for ya with some extra parts I have laying around. [emoji106]

1970 K20 Suburban

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Might as well do the F/E350 Brake Booster and Master Cylinder (1-1/8" bore over 1-1/16" bore stock) for more braking power. It's all a direct swap and the same as buying stock replacement parts.

Rexx

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

East Mesa, AZ
Member #

Thanks burbin, I'm a look more into that. Ill have to check out that f350 master, I thought it was all the same, may as well upgrade the first time! Thanks

Overland California

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Jose, California
Member #

Thanks burbin, I'm a look more into that. Ill have to check out that f350 master, I thought it was all the same, may as well upgrade the first time! Thanks
The booster is about 3x thicker. The key is you have to do the bigger bore master cylinder at the same time, otherwise your pedal will push easier but you won't have better braking power.