Rank VII

Creator II

Elizabeth, Colorado, United States
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Purvis
Member #

I really want to build a bed slide/drawer and storage system using aluminum extrusions (80/20). Has anyone done this and can you share some photos and ideas? I have a Tacoma short Bed (60”) and half the bed is a fridge slide. I typically carry a couple Zarges cases with recovery, pantry box, and the typical table and chairs kind of stuff. Looking for kitchen and misc gear organization ideas, and some inspiration!

Travelinjohnnie

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Washington Township, NJ 08081, USA
First Name
Bart
Last Name
Whitten
Member #

I built a storage / slide system in the back of my FJ Cruiser.... using 80/20 material. Went with 1.5 to allow homemade connectors/ brackets in attempt to save some money on all the connectors. Ended up placing the order with 80/20 and had them cut all the pieces needed for rear storage area. After working with the material... I purchased 6ft sections and cut them myself using a chop saw and proper blade. It saved some on cutting costs.

IMG_0315.jpegIMG_0286.jpeg

Reactions: Blu12T

Blu12T

Rank V

Enthusiast III

Clovis, California, United States
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Linares
Member #

I built a storage / slide system in the back of my FJ Cruiser.... using 80/20 material. Went with 1.5 to allow homemade connectors/ brackets in attempt to save some money on all the connectors. Ended up placing the order with 80/20 and had them cut all the pieces needed for rear storage area. After working with the material... I purchased 6ft sections and cut them myself using a chop saw and proper blade. It saved some on cutting costs.

View attachment 241329View attachment 241332
Nice job! Looks like you put alot of thought and planning into it. Looks great!