Staff member
Mod Team

Traveler III

Florida, USA
First Name
randy
Last Name
g
So as I continue to plan out the Ram build I have gotten to wheels and tires I am looking at AEV for wheels as I want to go down to a 17" wheel from the factory 18"s I will mostlikley be going with 35s until I can do the AEV lift, gears and lockers in a year or two then will move up to 40s. I will be getting a total of 6 wheels so I will have 2 spares. my question is are there any other wheels I should look at? 8 lug wheels are not as easy to find lol and what tires would you recommend? I need at least a load range E tire

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

I would strongly consider 18 inch wheel if payload capacity matters to you. You don’t have many options for and E rated tire 37 or bigger on 17s.
If you don’t plan on going bigger than 35s, 17s are fine.
Look at some of Method wheels. You will want something in the 0 to +18 offset range. That way you can run up to a 37 with just a leveling kit and minor plastic trimming.

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

My vote on tire would be the Toyo RTs. I’ve got about 15k miles on them and they are very quiet on the highway. for an aggressive tire. The thread looks like I should get another 20-25k before I need to think about changing them. Also, those tires in 35-12.5 if in the factory spare tire location if you air it down an fight it in there.

Caliber1

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Los Alamitos CA
First Name
Javier
Last Name
Mejia
Member #

IMG_2491.jpg
I am selling these Pro Comps 16x8 X 8 lug set of 4 with caps. Brand new in the box, three have never been opened, I only opened this one for the photo..