Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Yup HJ75 UTE with Camper on back of cab, let me know if you want info. The 70 Series has a lot of different models from Trucks, wagons and short SUVs, 6cyl gas and Desel and 4 cyl Diesel.

IMG_0728.JPG

Last edited:

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

I wish I had more money but then who doesn't
The cost of just about any HJ45 is not just the cost of the truck. You really have 2 routes: 1. Restore which is great but not real usable in modern areas due to the need for higher speeds. 2. Re-Engineer for modern speeds, engine, transmission, brakes, etc... No matter the choice it will be a lot more money past purchase price! I will likely put it back on the market soon.

Dana

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV
Member #

The cost of just about any HJ45 is not just the cost of the truck. You really have 2 routes: 1. Restore which is great but not real usable in modern areas due to the need for higher speeds. 2. Re-Engineer for modern speeds, engine, transmission, brakes, etc... No matter the choice it will be a lot more money past purchase price! I will likely put it back on the market soon.
I am finding out those costs first hand, well sort of. Everything so far has been minor. Mine gets up to freeway speed ;-) but I try to stay off them. Oh btw, congrats on the marriage. Enjoy the honeymoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1derer

thispiece

Rank 0

Traveler I

UAE
I have a 2016 landcruiser 76. I’m from the US, but live overseas. I love it and wish I could take it to the US. Since I can’t, I’ll stay away for awhile longer.

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
Yup, 1985 BJ70 CDN spec. Bought it about 10 years ago, and since then I've put a LOT of work into restoring the body, close to 200 hours of cutting and welding. I've still got the front and rear doors to do as well - but it's back together and drivable.

Took a trip out to the east coast last summer and made a little video;

Reactions: Road

Road

Not into ranks, titles or points.
Launch Member

Advocate III

On the road in North America
First Name
Road
Last Name
Dude
Member #

Yup, 1985 BJ70 CDN spec. Bought it about 10 years ago, and since then I've put a LOT of work into restoring the body, close to 200 hours of cutting and welding. I've still got the front and rear doors to do as well - but it's back together and drivable.

Took a trip out to the east coast last summer and made a little video;

Another terrific video by you! This one even more a treat to see you out and about with your family and BJ70. I learned of a few places I've bypassed before on my way up to Cape Breton and PEI.

You're luck to have Riley and Krista along. Tell Riley he did a great job as cameraman and gimble operator.

Very cool to see these kind of videos here.

Reactions: atIOIYIOI

El Matador

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Houston

This used to be my baby when I lived back in Venezuela. It was indestructible, took it through more dodgy beach crossings than I had any right to, and it got me through a (dumb as hell) solo amazon adventure. 1988 FJ70, miss it every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: atIOIYIOI

atIOIYIOI

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Kingston, Ontario
First Name
Bruce
Last Name
Robertson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
VA3BWR
Service Branch
Fire Rescue
Another terrific video by you! This one even more a treat to see you out and about with your family and BJ70. I learned of a few places I've bypassed before on my way up to Cape Breton and PEI.

You're luck to have Riley and Krista along. Tell Riley he did a great job as cameraman and gimble operator.

Very cool to see these kind of videos here.
Thanks - and I will! A few loosely planned short trips for this summer so hope to be able to post some more action!

Reactions: Road