70 K20 Suburban

• HTML tutorial

lucky_strike

Rank III

Contributor I

dude sick build man. what a score on the 205. I have been looking for one myself or the better part of 2 years in the yards...nothing so far. my 208 is still going strong though so I suppose it can wait until I get some of your luck.

how do you like the holley? I just put a 670 offroad holley in my k5 build. honestly it seems like I lost some power from the edelbrock. its a much cleaner and smoother ride though.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

dude sick build man. what a score on the 205. I have been looking for one myself or the better part of 2 years in the yards...nothing so far. my 208 is still going strong though so I suppose it can wait until I get some of your luck.

how do you like the holley? I just put a 670 offroad holley in my k5 build. honestly it seems like I lost some power from the edelbrock. its a much cleaner and smoother ride though.
Thank you! Yeah man, that 205 was in the truck a week or 2 earlier when I was there grabbing some other stuff. I was totally shocked when I found it sitting there the day I bought it!

I've had good luck with the 750 Holley, the 650 was a turd! There's a couple things that they do with those truck avengers from the factory that you can do to just about any carb, unless I'm misinformed... the needle and seats, the floats and the crossover tube are the major differences from what I'm told. With that information I built my 750 into a psuedo truck avenger and have had good luck with it so far.

I will say this though, gasoline in California is garbage and eats up the soft parts inside the carb... specifically the power valve so I do open it up every 12 - 18 months and go through it.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I haven't been here far a while so I thought I'd say hi and give a little update on the Beast.

This February I went to King of the Hammers as I do every year. Every year my rig is a little better than the last. For instance I now have 2.5x16 triple bypass king shocks all around.

20201010_094920.jpg

20200831_162328.jpg20200831_162309.jpg

Also I trussed my rear axle and put disk brakes.

20200128_161806.jpg

I thought it would be a good idea to jump it... I've done it several times but I got a little carried away this time and...

20210208_150303.jpg20210208_161323.jpg20210208_161259.jpg

Yeah, so a lot of you guys know this whole thing is a process of - Build/break/upgrade/repeat and eventually you end up with a pretty sturdy rig. So I bought a high pinion Ford super 60 front axle that I'll be changing over to a passenger side drop and installing as soon as I can.

I have most of the parts, I just need to find the time.

Anyhow, I'll talk to ya later. G'nite.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Oh yeah, we finally pulled the trigger on an RV. We got a 20 year old Diesel pusher, a Fleetwood Discovery.

20200910_100803.jpg

We took a trip up to Moab Utah for an event called Blazer Bash and had a blast!

It was pretty cool being out on the red rocks with a couple hundred (maybe less, I did actually count) other old Chevy enthusiasts. I mean guys that like old Chevys not old guys although... Lol!

There was plenty of eye candy and the trails out there are second to none! My favorite was hells gate. My boys favorite was rolling over in the side by side.

20200911_140235.jpg

20200911_094253(0).jpg

Good night for reals this time.

Reactions: k5nutt

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Oh yeah, we finally pulled the trigger on am RV. We got a 20 year old Diesel pusher, a Fleetwood Discovery.

View attachment 195593

We took a trip up to Moab Utah for an event called Blazer Bash and had a blast!

It was pretty cool being out on the red rock with a couple hundred (maybe less, I did actually count) other lod Chevy enthusiasts. There was plenty of eye candy and the trails out there are second to none! My favorite was hells gate. My boys favorite was rolling over in the side by side.

View attachment 195595

View attachment 195594

Good night for reals this time.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

I haven't been here far a while so I thought I'd say hi and give a little update on the Beast.

This February I went to King of the Hammers as I do every year. Every year my rig is a little better than the last. For instance I now have 2.5x16 triple bypass king shocks all around.

View attachment 195586

View attachment 195587View attachment 195588

Also I shaved and trussed my rear axle and put disk brakes on it.

View attachment 195589

I thought it would be a good idea to jump it... I've done it several times but I got a little carried away this time and...

View attachment 195590View attachment 195591View attachment 195592

Yeah, so a lot of you guys know this whole thing is a process of - Build/break/upgrade/repeat and eventually you end up with a pretty sturdy rig. So I bought a high pinion Ford super 60 front axle that I'll be changing over to a passenger side drop and installing as soon as I can.

I have most of the parts, I just need to find the time.

Anyhow, I'll talk to ya later. G'nite.