First Name
Randy
Last Name
Willard
Member #

Hey everyone! First day on the forums!

Ready to start some great adventures!

Hoping theres some fellow FJs on here!

I drive a 2012 FJ TT AT. pretty stock right now but upgrades are in the works!

Thatredfj

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Kirkwood, MO, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Willard
Member #

I saw your FJ on MM's Facebook page.
After I replace this spacer lift put on by the P.O with some Bilstein 5100's I'll make my way out there.
People really seem to like the host.

Sent from my XT1254 using OB Talk mobile app
Nice! I did a little digging and saw your rig over on the intro's page. pretty nice setup! I think i have seen you rolling around out in the county. A lot of stock FJs in the area, but i always am keeping an eye out for good lookers rolling around.

Are you having trouble with the Spacer lift? or just looking to go back to stock TT spec?
From the pics looks like your running 33's, i have heard they rub a little on the stock height even with the chop.

I was the first FJ out at MM. I wanna find/put together a community around here that wheels and camps to do some trips. Possibly get a group together for next year for the FJ Summit. The area is heavily dominated by jeepers and jeep guys in the off road community.

The Klumps

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Fenton, Missouri
Member #

I'm on 265/70/17's, they just have a real meaty look.
As to the spacers, I just don't trust them. Lots of people have had issues with spacer lifts.
I'm probably due for new shocks anyway and have had great luck with Bilstein on my ZR2 S-10.

I've been hearing alot about the "high water mark " trail in Arkansas and what to try that out.
Next year we're heading out to AZ to visit a friend and I'm trying to figure a route that gets me off as much highway as possible and into some forest areas.
Anything to avoid Kansas, I think I'd pay someone to drive me through there while I take a handful of Tylenol PM lol.

I did see one kitted up olive green TT on 21 , but other than that all stockers.

And Yes, the Jeepers have the numbers but we have the high ground.

Thatredfj

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Kirkwood, MO, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Willard
Member #

I'm on 265/70/17's, they just have a real meaty look.
As to the spacers, I just don't trust them. Lots of people have had issues with spacer lifts.
I'm probably due for new shocks anyway and have had great luck with Bilstein on my ZR2 S-10.

I've been hearing alot about the "high water mark " trail in Arkansas and what to try that out.
Next year we're heading out to AZ to visit a friend and I'm trying to figure a route that gets me off as much highway as possible and into some forest areas.
Anything to avoid Kansas, I think I'd pay someone to drive me through there while I take a handful of Tylenol PM lol.

I did see one kitted up olive green TT on 21 , but other than that all stockers.

And Yes, the Jeepers have the numbers but we have the high ground.

I have read the same about the spacers. Its more of a mall crawler mod, not so practical when your flexing or bouncing around on the trail. I have no complaints with my Bilstein setup even though I havent had my FJ very long.

Never heard of "High Water Mark" but Ill have to check out. Im always looking for new places to get out too.

I have done the route out to LA in a truck many times generally there is a north and a south route to take Not sure if the north would be the fastest but I'm a fan of the mountains so I prefer that way. they both have ups and downs though; North, as you said has that long stretch through Kansas and eastern colorado and the south has the long stretches of desert that feel like its never going to end. Either way though you should be able to get off the main route and get some good camping/Wheeling in along the way.

I have seen a few modded guys with some pretty good setups here in the city but never been able to stop them on the road. I actually saw a yellow one tonight rocking a HAM radio antenna, Don't see those everyday! ha ha

If your ever out and wanna get a little convoy or meet up going let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: The Klumps

Thatredfj

Rank III
Launch Member

Traveler III

Kirkwood, MO, USA
First Name
Randy
Last Name
Willard
Member #

Hey, Thatredfj and welcome to OB! Nice FJ! Safe travels man and enjoy those open roads!
Thanks man!

Great to hear from you! Big fan of your journey and your awesome drone shots! Sorry to here about your dad.. sending good thoughts and prayers. Hope to catch you at a Meetup somewhere along the way if our paths cross.

Keep pumping out the good content and enjoy the ride!

Jake Wettern | iamjake

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Wisconsin Rapids, WI
Member #

Thanks man!

Great to hear from you! Big fan of your journey and your awesome drone shots! Sorry to here about your dad.. sending good thoughts and prayers. Hope to catch you at a Meetup somewhere along the way if our paths cross.

Keep pumping out the good content and enjoy the ride!
Thank you for your kind words man! I haven't made it to MO yet and If you haven’t already, please complete my 50 State Road Trip Questionnaire so I will have your contact info when I’m in your area. I use the completed questionnaires to meet up with the people you see with me in my videos!

Here is the link to the questionnaire which I hope you will complete - https://goo.gl/forms/ZopZP74rkYqGTBhh1

Thank you for your support and following my journey!

-Jake

Reactions: Thatredfj