6 Wheel Jeep Wrangler

• HTML tutorial

Anak

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Sandy Eggo
It looks cool, but I can't imagine taking that on a real trail. I think that thing would be worse than my Suburban.

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
That's alot of money in custom work. Over the years I've seen a number of vehicles customized like that. Buy it, drive it on the street for two years and sell it before it falls apart. If Jeep did a one off prototype then keep it for 3 years. The biggest issue's will be how did they stretch it and where the interior came from. If you have any issues, you have to go back to whoever built it for the work.
Most of those companies are not set up for service, just modding.

My guess, if its at a dealer and in Vegas....$70 grand. If it was actually for sale and no sticker then its whatever they can get out of you. It looks like they started with a budget JK (still $40 grand), $20 grand in custom and $10 grand markup. If it was a Rubicon and they put a Hemi in it then $100 grand or more.

Did you get a look at the interior?

Other than that, a set of tracks on the rear would rock.

Scott

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

That's alot of money in custom work. Over the years I've seen a number of vehicles customized like that. Buy it, drive it on the street for two years and sell it before it falls apart. If Jeep did a one off prototype then keep it for 3 years. The biggest issue's will be how did they stretch it and where the interior came from. If you have any issues, you have to go back to whoever built it for the work.
Most of those companies are not set up for service, just modding.

My guess, if its at a dealer and in Vegas....$70 grand. If it was actually for sale and no sticker then its whatever they can get out of you. It looks like they started with a budget JK (still $40 grand), $20 grand in custom and $10 grand markup. If it was a Rubicon and they put a Hemi in it then $100 grand or more.

Did you get a look at the interior?

Other than that, a set of tracks on the rear would rock.

Scott
The windows were too tinted to see the interior, even up close. I believe this was a custom build picked up at SEMA. Not sure if it’s just for display, consignment or actually for sale.

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

These 6x6's keep popping up, and even Andrew St. Pierre White still seems to want one, but I'm just not sure why though.
Yes, they have another axel of traction but more driveline drag, more weight, more things to break.
ytho.jpg

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

These 6x6's keep popping up, and even Andrew St. Pierre White still seems to want one, but I'm just not sure why though.
Yes, they have another axel of traction but more driveline drag, more weight, more things to break.
That second axle become very important when your hauling a couple hundred thousand rounds of 5.56 and 7.62 for the zombie apocalypse.

Reactions: MBroenkow

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

If you really want a 6x6 and you're fortunate enough to live in the US of A, why not just buy a surplus Ma Deuce?
https://www.easternsurplus.net/VehicleDetails/257/1953-M35A2-Duece

The vehicle was engineered for that drive system from the ground up. You could just pull the box off and fit your choice of camper solution on the back.

Heck, even better! This one has a heated rear cab and a bunch of shelving/storage already built in! Think of the possibilities! :D
https://www.easternsurplus.net/VehicleDetails/246/AM-General-M185A3-Shop-Van

Reactions: vegasjeepguy

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

If you really want a 6x6 and you're fortunate enough to live in the US of A, why not just buy a surplus Ma Deuce?

The vehicle was engineered for that drive system from the ground up. You could just pull the box off and fit your choice of camper solution on the back.

Heck, even better! This one has a heated rear cab and a bunch of shelving/storage already built in! Think of the possibilities! :D
Ma Deuce is an M2 .50 cal...but I get your meaning. And have you ever ridden in a deuce and a half? Sure, in a pinch, capable as hell, but I’d rather have a few more creature comforts.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Ma Deuce is an M2 .50 cal...but I get your meaning. And have you ever ridden in a deuce and a half? Sure, in a pinch, capable as hell, but I’d rather have a few more creature comforts.
Served in the Canadian Army 9 years. Our MLVW's are basically identical to the Deuce and a half, so spent lots of time in one. It just needs a bit of modding to make it comfy. Gotta love that diesel drone.lol

Megadoomer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

N32°55'31.94",W117°05'20.21"
First Name
Nick
Last Name
Rossi
Member #

I like the M1078 by Stewart & Stevenson better. If you want 6 wheels get the M1083.