6 week overland trip.

• HTML tutorial

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

My wife Alexa and I are headed from Atlanta out west starting September 12th 2017. We will be on the Rimrocker Trail, Co. by 9/17-18, Moab 9/19, Canyonlands 9/20-22, Capital Reef -Escalante 9/23-26, North Rim Grand Canyon 9/27-29, Vegas 2 nights, Death Valley, Yosemite 10/4-5, (Half Dome 10/5) Sanfrancisco 10/6-7, Redwoods, Oregon, Seattle, 10/9-12 North Cascades 10/13-15, Yellowstone 10/17-19. We'd like to meet some of you along the way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
Take a look at Cathedral Valley in Capital Reef NP if you haven't already.

There's a great little campsite at the North end of the good dirt road that is almost never crowded with views for days, very typical Utah scenery, which is spectacular!

You're not passing by me on this route but have fun and don't be a slave to the schedule (my $0.02)

Nice setup by the way.

Dan.

Reactions: Gilbert and Road

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

Take a look at Cathedral Valley in Capital Reef NP if you haven't already.

There's a great little campsite at the North end of the good dirt road that is almost never crowded with views for days, very typical Utah scenery, which is spectacular!

You're not passing by me on this route but have fun and don't be a slave to the schedule (my $0.02)

Nice setup by the way.

Dan.
Thanks, we will look for that spot. My wife feels the same way about the itenarary. The good thing is that we really can stay in one place for a month if we want to.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
Sounds like a great trip. As a former San Francisco resident, and having had numerous projects in LV, remove/lock or cover everything you have. If you go up the Lochsa in Idaho to MT, I'll be around.

Reactions: AlOrMi

Dana Ramos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Alta, WY
First Name
Dana
Last Name
Ramos
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7EXK
Sounds like a great trip! I second Capitol Reef. Was down there in the spring and spent 4 days exploring the park and surrounding area. The Cathedral Valley CG is awesome and if that's full head up into the Fish Lake NF a ways.