Rank II

Contributor III

Houston, Harris County, Texas, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Riley
Hey all!

I am beginning my journey into overlanding. I have a 2013 SR5 4Runner and I was wanting to see if anyone knew what some of the most common part/areas of failure are for this rig? My biggest area of concern are trail breakdowns and knowing how to fix them. So I am trying to figure out what I should familiarize myself with repair wise. I am new to working on my own vehicle as well, so just trying to gain as much knowledge and know-how as possible.

Thanks so much!

Boort

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Colorado
Member #

I am beginning my journey into overlanding. I have a 2013 SR5 4Runner and I was wanting to see if anyone knew what some of the most common part/areas of failure are for this rig? My biggest area of concern are trail breakdowns and knowing how to fix them. So I am trying to figure out what I should familiarize myself with repair wise. I am new to working on my own vehicle as well, so just trying to gain as much knowledge and know-how as possible.

Thanks so much!
@Michael_812c5d

I can't really speak for the 5th gen but the best place I know of for this information is t4r.org's forums ( Toyota-4Runner.org ) For me in the 4th gen there were a few great "Common Problems" threadds that I read before buying my 4Runner which have been very helpful.

Boort