Rank III

Enthusiast III

Purcellville, Loudoun County, Virginia, United States
First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Brinkman
Member #

In the market for a fridge to mount on my Dobinsons Drawer setup in my 5th Gen 4Runner. I am trying to figure out what will work best, given my setup. I have an idea of what can fit but curious what people are running with this set up. Since the fridge slide does not come all the way out, I want to get a fridge that will open enough with ease while maximizing the space available. Anyone running this set up and if so what fridge are you using?

Attachments

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
In the market for a fridge to mount on my Dobinsons Drawer setup in my 5th Gen 4Runner. I am trying to figure out what will work best, given my setup. I have an idea of what can fit but curious what people are running with this set up. Since the fridge slide does not come all the way out, I want to get a fridge that will open enough with ease while maximizing the space available. Anyone running this set up and if so what fridge are you using?
Buy a quality fridge.

I have run an Engel MT45F-U1-P for a couple years with zero complaints. I run it on a flat slide from DFG Offroad - rock solid, on rough trails, with no rattles.

If I were running a drawer system I would look for a dropping slide to provide easier reach-down access. Example: the Easy Slide by Clearview.

Reactions: Ebrinker

Ebrinker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Brinkman
Member #

Buy a quality fridge.

I have run an Engel MT45F-U1-P for a couple years with zero complaints. I run it on a flat slide from DFG Offroad - rock solid, on rough trails, with no rattles.

If I were running a drawer system I would look for a dropping slide to provide easier reach-down access. Example: the Easy Slide by Clearview.
Thanks and yep that’s my plan (quality fridge). The slide I have does not drop down so the issue I am trying to figure out is what type of fridge I need in terms of how it opens (e.g., opens length wise such as Dometic or opens width wise such as ARB).

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
Thanks and yep that’s my plan (quality fridge). The slide I have does not drop down so the issue I am trying to figure out is what type of fridge I need in terms of how it opens (e.g., opens length wise such as Dometic or opens width wise such as ARB).
If you're reaching up and into a high fridge, and trying to get to things in the odd corner, it depends on where you would usually be standing. But standing in the center / beside the fridge, and reaching over the long edge would seem to offer the best reach into every corner, so I would look for one with a long hinge rather than a short hinge. Just make sure it slides far enough out and can be opened all the way, given the limits of tailgate geometry.

Reactions: Ebrinker

Ebrinker

Rank III

Enthusiast III

First Name
Ethan
Last Name
Brinkman
Member #

If you're reaching up and into a high fridge, and trying to get to things in the odd corner, it depends on where you would usually be standing. But standing in the center / beside the fridge, and reaching over the long edge would seem to offer the best reach into every corner, so I would look for one with a long hinge rather than a short hinge. Just make sure it slides far enough out and can be opened all the way, given the limits of tailgate geometry.
Thank you!