Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

Hi, I had mine previously attached to the side of the bed in the left rear corner so it was easy access from the tailgate, I used quickfist large adaptors. This overall worked well however have since moved it to the roof rear right corner using the Rhino Rack using their adaptor, this so far is rock solid and easy to access/use.

Reactions: H&B Adventures

H&B Adventures

Rank VI

Influencer I

Memphis, TN, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Carpenter
Member #

Service Branch
Emergency Manager
Hi, I had mine previously attached to the side of the bed in the left rear corner so it was easy access from the tailgate, I used quickfist large adaptors. This overall worked well however have since moved it to the roof rear right corner using the Rhino Rack using their adaptor, this so far is rock solid and easy to access/use.
Thanks, we are probably going to mount it to the rack in the rear once we get it installed.

NØMAD

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Newton
Member #

In my research to solve this same issue, I came across Adventure Trail Gear. They make a 5lbs and 11lbs propane tank bag with mounting options for a rear ladder or spare tire configurations using straps. Here's a quick video. I placed an order for a 5lbs tank ladder mount...will check back once I get it.

Screen Shot 2022-11-16 at 2.23.09 PM.png

Last edited:

Haggy

Rank VI

Influencer I

Medford, Oregon.
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Hagglund
Member #

Service Branch
Army Guard and USMC
In my research to solve this same issue, I came across Adventure Trail Gear. They make a 5lbs and 11lbs propane tank bag with mounting options for a rear ladder or spare tire configurations using straps. Here's a quick video. I placed an order for a 5lbs tank...will check back once I get it.
I'm liking there stuff too. Especially since it's all easily removable to reconfigure if needed.

Reactions: NØMAD

PCO6

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Newmarket, Ontario
First Name
Stew
Last Name
Beatty
Member #

I carry propane tanks on my Jeep LJ & XJ and on 2 trailers. With the exception of the Adventure Trail Gear bag that I use on my XJ (excellent product!) I fabricated various mounts as needed. Some of the build pieces that I found useful were ... 8" welding tank straps, 4" steel drive plates, rubber toilet gaskets and nylon straps. The tanks shown with nylon straps are also bolted to the base plate.

20-06-18 2.JPG22-07-04 1.JPG19-06-20 1.JPG20-08-01 2.jpg19-05-13 1.JPG