Carter
Last Name
Burlison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7LHB
Service Branch
Navy
So, looking into overhead consoles for the Jeep TJ.. there wasn't very many options for full customization. Something that is fairly rare is overhead consoles in Jeeps. So I took to google to see if someone has done it, and could possibly let me purchase it. Unfortunately, I came up empty handed. Below is what I was able to find on google... something about it wasn't speaking to me. Besides, most of everything I was finding on google was either CAD designs, or poorly built designs that again wasn't doing it for me. So, after some deep mediation to forget what I had seen on other forums I started work on my custom overhead. This is a picture of (half built). I have since added in order to accommodate a custom computer to run radios and relays inside the jeep for over 100,000 different functions inside the jeep! (Another thread will explain everything on that).

Attachments

AbundanceNaught

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Irvine, California, United States
First Name
Garret
Last Name
Onufer
Check out the build videos on overland bound YT regarding center console. I know it's for a floor console but the methodology is the same. Start with cardboard, and build out what you're after. Tweak it.
Then you can build out of wood, metal or fiberglass.

Reactions: Burly

Burly

Rank VIII

Protector III

Oak Harbor, WA, USA
First Name
Carter
Last Name
Burlison
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK7LHB
Service Branch
Navy
Check out the build videos on overland bound YT regarding center console. I know it's for a floor console but the methodology is the same. Start with cardboard, and build out what you're after. Tweak it.
Then you can build out of wood, metal or fiberglass.
Your right! It’s fairly easy and straight forward, but having the drive at the end of the day is all worth it