FOR SALE 4x5 with rooftop tent

• HTML tutorial

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

20160211_172021.jpg 20160305_145328_resized (2).jpg 20180608_174638 (2).jpg DIY trailer 3500 lb axle jeep Rubicon wheels and tires. The box has a pull out slide and the tent will raise up with gas springs for when the annex is being used. I have a 5000 lb wench mounted and wired to lower the tent when being towed. The tent is a Mt Shasta it's in great condition.The trailer and tent have been used 2 years. It has a 7 pin connector and solar charge controller 12 volt battery with lights inside and on the trailer and the trailer has removable tongue to help stop trailer theft. I am in NC and asking 3500. or best offer. Price drop 3100 or best offer. 336-608-1449 Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: RootedWanderers

Bluezlgnd

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Phoenix, Az
Member #

View attachment 78861 View attachment 78862 View attachment 78863 DIY trailer 3500 lb axle jeep Rubicon wheels and tires. The box has a pull out slide and the tent will raise up with gas springs for when the annex is being used. I have a 5000 lb wench mounted and wired to lower the tent when being towed. The tent is a Mt Shasta it's in great condition.The trailer and tent have been used 2 years. It has a 7 pin connector and solar charge controller 12 volt battery with lights inside and on the trailer and the trailer has removable tongue to help stop trailer theft. I am in NC and asking 3500. or best offer. 336-608-1449 Thanks
Very nice trailer! What are the side walls of the box made out of? Are they dust sealed? This is exactly what I'm looking for.

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

Very nice trailer! What are the side walls of the box made out of? Are they dust sealed? This is exactly what I'm looking for.
The sides are plywood and are sealed we have not had a dust or water problem with the trailer. I have a lot of extras that go with the trailer if your interested you can give me a call. 336-608-1449.
Thanks

Vlad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, OR
First Name
Volodymyr
Last Name
Vasylenko
Member #

I am doing a price drop to 3100. or best offer.
Thanks and everyone have a Merry Christmas!!
How can you get DIY trailers legalized? Is there some kind of process you go through with DMV to get your trailer a license plates? Apologies for the side question, very nice looking toy !!

Pappy

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Lexington NC.
Member #

How can you get DIY trailers legalized? Is there some kind of process you go through with DMV to get your trailer a license plates? Apologies for the side question, very nice looking toy !!
I am not sure about anywhere but FL. when I built a trailer for haling my dirt bikes all you had to do was get a trailer weight slip and take it to the DMV and they would give you a tag and title to the trailer. That may have changed that was a few years ago. Time just gets away from ya!!

Vlad

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Portland, OR
First Name
Volodymyr
Last Name
Vasylenko
Member #

I am not sure about anywhere but FL. when I built a trailer for haling my dirt bikes all you had to do was get a trailer weight slip and take it to the DMV and they would give you a tag and title to the trailer. That may have changed that was a few years ago. Time just gets away from ya!!
Tnx for the input. Reason I’m asking is I tried to get plates for my 16 ft utility trailer that I have not a clue who’s was it built by (it was quick purchase for my business at the time, and I had no idea that trailer needed license plates...) and it was PITB to do so...btw I’m in OR. I was never able to make it happen, finally sold for $200...otherwise worth around $950 if had paperwork in place.

BlueRidge150

Rank I

Contributor III

Greer, SC
If you’re on Facebook, you may wanna try Carolina Overlanders if you’re in NC.

Trailers seem to move pretty quick on there from what I’ve seen.

Nice trailer by the way.

Reactions: Pappy

Rubiconcruiser

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

So Georgia
Member #

FYI. Registration, Calif requires bills of sale for all equipment used on trailer. Receipt from previous owner or a bill of sale from your uncle . Simple. Pay the fees. 5 year tag , safety equipment. Such as Lights Fire ext,