Rank IV

Enthusiast II

Omaha, Nebraska
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Findell
Member #

Hey everyone. I'm leaving Hartman Rocks in Gunnison tomorrow and thought I'd go up to see Crystal Mill for the weekend. Watched a few videos and OnX has it rated as a 5...

If anyone has been up there this season and have some insights on taking the trail up I'd love to know what to expect or to be advised against.
Solo Trip and looking to Camp up there.
My setup is a 21 Tacoma TRD Off-Road with Koni 82 series lift with ADO Parabolic Leaf springs. 17' bead grip methods and 285 KO2 All terrains. (total lift around 3")
Stock front skid only, side steps. (not sliders), for recovery, I have a stock spare, stock jack, plug kit, air compressor, and two Maxtrax. (No bumpers or winch)

First.. Should I even try?

If not, cool.

If yeah, it could make it... but...
What should I expect? Any insights into camping up there or is it trail up and out only? Is anyone else going up this weekend?

If it's not ideal for a solo trip on that setup I'd love suggestions for a high ridge overlook or a river spot I can camp on if you'd recommend for the weekend.
Thanks everyone!
Attached are a few photos of the setup so you can see the lift referenced.

Attachments

shaepa

Rank V

Advocate III

Colorado Springs, El Paso County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Shae
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Because of careless folks, the area is closed. This article says you can still see the mill from the road. My frustration grows as I continue to find and collect more trash in our beautiful outdoors to try and keep it from suffering the same fate.