• HTML tutorial

Cal shermer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Newnan Georgia
Member #

Hello,

New to overland bound but have been working on my build for a couple years now and she's slowly coming together. I currently have the demello three hoop bumper and have been considering cutting off the light hoops or possible all of them and making it a flat top bumper what's yals take on it?

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Boort

jordan04gx

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chittenango, NY
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2NFZ
In general, I really like the layout of that bumper. But I can totally see why you don't like the corners. They are far too high, and are disturbing the otherwise nice lines of the front of the vehicle. I would bet that you could tell a fab shop (or yourself) that you want the corners lowered, it could be done. By chopping a couple inches off the lower part of the vertical as it meets the top of the bumper, then bending the entire bar down and rewelding it down. But I agree with vtrover, I would want to keep them for the corner/light protection. My cheapy guard on the XJ as already bounced a few birds off of it, that otherwise would have taken out headlights or increasingly hard to find trim items.

Cal shermer

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Newnan Georgia
Member #

Yea chopping it does sound like a good idea, some angles it can look very aggressive but in others it just looks goofy due to it sticking up so high.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk