Bay Area, California, USA
First Name
Gwendolyn
Last Name
vdL
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6YFJ
Nice work on the drawer system, it looks very slick and professional! Do you have a build video or post with more details? It’s a bucket-list goal to build my own drawer system, and I feel I could learn a thing or two from how you built yours :)
Thanks! I just put together a post to give a bit more detail.

wcblanco

Rank II

Enthusiast I

Asheville, Buncombe County, North Carolina, United States
First Name
Warren
Last Name
Chaves
Member #

My 2022 TRDPro, found her almost by accident. I had a Bronco Raptor reserved but wasn’t fully sold on the idea of owning one. I grew up surrounded by Landcruisers, Hylux pickups, defenders and early series Land Rovers. I owned a pair of 1st gen Broncos years ago, but the reliability and ability to hold it’s value made the 4Runner very attractive to me. One Friday I decided to email my local dealer about current stock and they called me the next day letting me know they had just received this Lime Rush model. I had never seen one in person and didn’t think I would like it but I went in and test drive it. Brought her home with 5 miles on the odometer.
The build is a work in progress with the goal of making her a cross country adventure rig but not a rock crawler or heavy duty off roader. Front Runner rack and ladder, Off-road Alliance front recovery points, Aiden James gear plate, Cali Raised Trail Sliders (not yet installed).
Anyways so far I’m loving my decision to go with this and not a Bronco. Cheers!

Attachments

WilhelmB

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

12 Grandview Drive, Redbank Plains Queensland, Australia
First Name
Will
Last Name
Beaver
Member #

Great looking rigs , I am jealous. We haven't been able to buy a new 4Runner here in AUS since the early 90's . :disappointed:
We get this instead, this is "Lara" my Fortuner. She has a 2.8 L 4 cylinder turbo diesel with a six speed auto.
I love it, we have had many adventures in the 3 years of ownership. comfortable, capable and fun.
Thanks

IMG_7650.jpg

Attachments

mmssierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sierra Vista, Arizona 85635, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Mims
Member #

Great looking rigs , I am jealous. We haven't been able to buy a new 4Runner here in AUS since the early 90's . :disappointed:
We get this instead, this is "Lara" my Fortuner. She has a 2.8 L 4 cylinder turbo diesel with a six speed auto.
I love it, we have had many adventures in the 3 years of ownership. comfortable, capable and fun.
Thanks

View attachment 241613
It looks sharp!

Reactions: WilhelmB

Broken Yoke

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Portland, ME, USA
First Name
Christian
Last Name
Jackson
first trip back up to the maine north woods with the replacement 4runner this past weekend. this happened after driving 9 hours overnight and exploring while turning around. the bank was soupy but solid clay and small size shale...I back slid right down it.

since the passenger side running board, transmission cross member and back edge of the front subframe were high sided hard, the hi-lift jack and strap weren't an option. amazingly with less than a 1/2 dozen tweaks and moves I was able to drive it straight up and out in 4low/open diff. the pictures don't do it justice...that road puddle is an easy 9-10" at the deepest spot.

I have finally bonded this past weekend with my new 4runner but I do still miss my 280hp diesel VW 4x4.

20221021_101420.jpg

20221021_101431.jpg

20221021_102522.jpg

20221021_102548.jpg

20221022_073726.jpg

20221022_115255.jpg