Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
I'm running a quad core Android in my 2000 limited. For the most part is works well. All my music, on road navigation, back country navigator. Gets confused from time to time.( Once or twice a year.) But other than that I love it.
I'd try to fine one with 4gb ram and 64 on board storage. They all take sd cards and I run a 64 gb card for my maps and music.

Reactions: 4wheelspulling

Magic Mike

US Full-time/Long Term Travel Ambassador
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Rapid City, South Dakota, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YKV
Service Branch
Army & Marine Corps

jishman1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Explorer I

Ludlow, PA, USA
First Name
Jared
Last Name
Ishman
Member #

Hello, my name is Jared and I live in Northwestern Pennsylvania. I just recently bought my 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 and am slowly building it up to become my dream overlanding/offroad rig. Definitely excited to be a part of Overland Bound and ready to meet some new people and get out on the trails and do a little exploring.
Current Modifications:
  • 4Runner Blackout Emblem kit (simple, but necessary)
  • 3 inch Rough Country spacer lift (3inch Toytec in the plans in future)
  • 265/70R17 Pro Comp Xtreme M/T2’s on 17x8 Pro Comp wheels. (Definitely gonna upgrade to aluminum wheels)
  • Go Gold Designs Rear window Flag w/ mountains decals.
    - KC Gravity[emoji768] G34 LED Wide-40 Ditch Light Kit (not pictured yet)

Last edited:

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Hello, my name is Jared and I live in Northwestern Pennsylvania. I just recently bought my 2016 Toyota 4Runner SR5 and am slowly building it up to become my dream overlanding/offroad rig. Definitely excited to be a part of Overland Bound and ready to meet some new people and get out on the trails and do a little exploring.
Current Modifications:
  • 265/70R17 Pro Comp Xtreme M/T2’s on 17x8 Pro Comp wheels. (Definitely gonna upgrade to aluminum wheels)
View attachment 88791View attachment 88792View attachment 88793View attachment 88794View attachment 88795
Welcome!!

Reactions: jishman1

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

Current Modifications:
View attachment 88791View attachment 88792View attachment 88793View attachment 88794View attachment 88795
Welcome Jared!

Reactions: Jeepinit

Shwell

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
Not exactly new to the Forums, but havent posted yet. Name is Ancel, but most on the web know me as Shwell. Retired U.S. Air Force always looking for things to occupy my time. Ive owned my 4Runner for 10 months and have enjoyed the entire process.
2018 ORP with XP pkg (PRO Grille, PRO Wheels, Side Steps, blackout emblems)

Mods.. Where do I start, I have been through so much, and so many changes..

Gobi Rack, SSO Slimline Hybrid Bumber, Lots of cheap lights, Cali Raised Mounts, Rago Fab Mounts, Expedition Essentials Mount, CB, HAM, FRS/GMRS, Whynter 65qt Fridge/Freezer, RCR4WD Side Steps, DIY High Clearance Mod

Biggest Mod that is missing so far is the Lift. That has been the one thing I cannot for the life of me make a decision on, but because I am in FL, I have not seen many Trails or Obstacles that the stock Ride Height couldnt handle so far..

I guess this means I have to create a Build Thread now? Build Thread created:

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Not exactly new to the Forums, but havent posted yet. Name is Ancel, but most on the web know me as Shwell. Retired U.S. Air Force always looking for things to occupy my time. Ive owned my 4Runner for 10 months and have enjoyed the entire process.

Gobi Rack, SSO Slimline Hybrid Bumber, Lots of cheap lights, Cali Raised Mounts, Rago Fab Mounts, Expedition Essentials Mount, CB, HAM, FRS/GMRS, Whynter 65qt Fridge/Freezer, RCR4WD Side Steps, DIY High Clearance Mod

Biggest Mod that is missing so far is the Lift. That has been the one thing I cannot for the life of me make a decision on, but because I am in FL, I have not seen many Trails or Obstacles that the stock Ride Height couldnt handle so far..

I guess this means I have to create a Build Thread now?
Nice! Yes, start a build thread. Great picture of the rig! Keep them coming!

Reactions: H60Flyer

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM

I guess this means I have to create a Build Thread now?
Yes you should. Have the SSO slimline also....smart choice...I'm bias of course [emoji41] . Look forward to what else you'll do and how you've built the interior.

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
What should one do if they order an ARB Orange 30' x 2 3/8" Snatch Strap but receive an ARB Orange 30' x 4 1/4" Snatch Strap? I paid for the smaller one. The smaller has a 17500lbs cap and the big one has a 33000lbs cap!!!!

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
What should one do if they order an ARB Orange 30' x 2 3/8" Snatch Strap but receive an ARB Orange 30' x 4 1/4" Snatch Strap? I paid for the smaller one. The smaller has a 17500lbs cap and the big one has a 33000lbs cap!!!!
Too big on the rating, and it will act like a static strap....aka.....NO GIVE. The size you quoted is good for a full-size rig, but not for a mid-size. The one you ordered was what you needed. See if someone needs that size, and sell for the price of the one you need. You recoup your expense, and someone gets a quality strap cheaper than they expected to pay. Every one wins!

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ
Too big on the rating, and it will act like a static strap....aka.....NO GIVE. The size you quoted is good for a full-size rig, but not for a mid-size. The one you ordered was what you needed. See if someone needs that size, and sell for the price of the one you need. You recoup your expense, and someone gets a quality strap cheaper than they expected to pay. Every one wins!
Thanks for the info getting this switched ASAP.

Reactions: Desert Runner

07V84WD

Rank IV
Investor

Enthusiast III

Louisiana
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Hoof
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GIY
Service Branch
Navy
Man I just love the 4Runner, and we have such nice examples here. My favorites are the older ones, such character. Love to see them come back to life. Here is mine, still a work in progress. She is at about 147k with Bilstien 5100 shocks, Old man Emu springs, Stubbs sliders.
Love the green color!