Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

View attachment 83454

Holy Crap! I think my Sliders will be here before the new rig!

Must buy more!
Lol, right! That is super fast! What's next????? Compressor/tank, bumpers/winch, battery, breather, lighting, lift, supercharger, exhaust, snorkle, intake, jack, traction boards, tent, awning, solar board, trailer, ladder, stereo, fridge, storage boxes, first aid, CB/antenna, ipad/navigation, shovel, straps/rigging, hitch recovery shackle, drone/gopro x4, dash cam, remote start, rocket launcher??????? (This just happens to be my exact list [emoji2])

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Lol, right! That is super fast! What's next????? Compressor/tank, bumpers/winch, battery, breather, lighting, lift, supercharger, exhaust, snorkle, intake, jack, traction boards, tent, awning, solar board, trailer, ladder, stereo, fridge, storage boxes, first aid, CB/antenna, ipad/navigation, shovel, straps/rigging, hitch recovery shackle, drone/gopro x4, dash cam, remote start, rocket launcher??????? (This just happens to be my exact list [emoji2])
Blahahahaha. Yes!!! My neighbor just came by and we are forming up plans for Overland Expo West. Looks like I’ll be there. I have so much more to look at and prioritize. Main goal is to be ready for a 4-5 week trip with my 12 year old son. He’s all in. He s a Scout and Snow Camping this week end in-the Sierra”s. I want to be ready for the trip. I think I need to be serious now and really think about needs vs wants. Dang it! I’ll keep ya in the loop. Hopefully I’ll see the SW soon. Sliders ETA at 1/30. So... maybe C4 front next with lights and winch. Not sure though.

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Blahahahaha. Yes!!! My neighbor just came by and we are forming up plans for Overland Expo West. Looks like I’ll be there. I have so much more to look at and prioritize. Main goal is to be ready for a 4-5 week trip with my 12 year old son. He’s all in. He s a Scout and Snow Camping this week end in-the Sierra”s. I want to be ready for the trip. I think I need to be serious now and really think about needs vs wants. Dang it! I’ll keep ya in the loop. Hopefully I’ll see the SW soon. Sliders ETA at 1/30. So... maybe C4 front next with lights and winch. Not sure though. IMG_0002.JPG

Contemplating in the yard with a beer and a small fire.

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

That's a great plan. Yea, C4 low pro for me with a light bar. Smittybuilt or Warn (synthetic) to go with it. Still reading up on them. My boy just turned 15. Can't wait to get going!!
Ahhhh, the good life!

Reactions: Jeepinit

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

That's a great plan. Yea, C4 low pro for me with a light bar. Smittybuilt or Warn (synthetic) to go with it. Still reading up on them. My boy just turned 15. Can't wait to get going!!
Right on! Yeah, same here. Need to keep researching. I definitely like the synthetic option. I may just sit here by the fire and order a rear hitch recovery unit. Why not? Right? Well.. I need to research a bit more.

Hope your work is back to normal for a long, long time. Don’t want to see folks going through that again. Let me know if you pick up something for the rig soon. Keep the pictures coming. I can send pics of the 16’ all day long, but.... waiting for the SW!!!!! Waiting is killing me!!!!

Swag Engineer

Rank II

Enthusiast II

I got a 1990 4runner...

It started life back when I was 9 years old with a 3vze . When I got it four years ago , first thing I did was get rid of the 3.o liter and put a 22re in . In hindsight I wish I would have gone with a 5vze swap , but I didn't know where my build would end up , but the little 22re has taken me all over the place ...

Currently I got

a Dana 60 rear and Dana 44 up front
5.29 gears , chromoly shafts , front / rear ARB's
tranny wise I have dual cases, 2.28 in the front and 4.7 in the rear , with twin sticks on the rear case
for tires I currently have 37" MTR's
winch , bumpers, and dozens of other little mods

I love rock crawling but more and more I just enjoy 'overlanding' , going to Death Valley , Mojave Road , forgotten CA and NV ghost towns ...

Lookin forward to seeing more 1st and 2nd gen 'Runners on here as well...

How much torque is in the 22re? I have a 95 with the 3.0L 3vze. I tried to go up a hill that I had already descended and ran out of power so I had to jack myself up the steep part with my hi lift (no winch). I don't want to be stuck because there isn't enough power, but I hear the 22re has more torque. Since you show yourself starting up a steep incline, I wonder how far up that you can get and if your little engine is better than mine (since I don't care how fast I can go).

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Right on! Yeah, same here. Need to keep researching. I definitely like the synthetic option. I may just sit here by the fire and order a rear hitch recovery unit. Why not? Right? Well.. I need to research a bit more.

Hope your work is back to normal for a long, long time. Don’t want to see folks going through that again. Let me know if you pick up something for the rig soon. Keep the pictures coming. I can send pics of the 16’ all day long, but.... waiting for the SW!!!!! Waiting is killing me!!!!
I appreciate it, it is nice to get paid for sure. We will get 2 paychecks out of this 3 week "timeout". Hopefully they can agree on something soon. Community here has been great. Food pantry's have opened up in multiple locations greatly helping the younger folks out who live check to check and have 3 kids and a non-working spouse. Lots on members were stressing out pretty bad. Luckily for me, my wife works and I have money in the bank. I'm also higher ranked with 24yrs on the job. With all that said......I'm still taking it easy on spending just in case this shutdown resumes for an extended amount of time. We just don't know what to expect. Silver lining......I'm saving money during all this, lol.
Hitch recovery....I like factor 55. It's just clean looking. I have straps, first aid, fire ext, but nothing major yet. Just about to hit 1k miles. Not sure how sad this is but I've detailed washed it 6 times already, lol. My neighbors must think I'm crazy. 20181201_155800.jpeg

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

I appreciate it, it is nice to get paid for sure. We will get 2 paychecks out of this 3 week "timeout". Hopefully they can agree on something soon. Community here has been great. Food pantry's have opened up in multiple locations greatly helping the younger folks out who live check to check and have 3 kids and a non-working spouse. Lots on members were stressing out pretty bad. Luckily for me, my wife works and I have money in the bank. I'm also higher ranked with 24yrs on the job. With all that said......I'm still taking it easy on spending just in case this shutdown resumes for an extended amount of time. We just don't know what to expect. Silver lining......I'm saving money during all this, lol.
Hitch recovery....I like factor 55. It's just clean looking. I have straps, first aid, fire ext, but nothing major yet. Just about to hit 1k miles. Not sure how sad this is but I've detailed washed it 6 times already, lol. My neighbors must think I'm crazy. View attachment 83698
Glad you and the family OK during the "timeout".... It's really good to hear that the community opens up their hearts to those that may need some help in time of need. Good -taking it easy on the spending! Hopefully all will be OK before 2/15 and return to normalcy.

Keep washing it! 1k isn't bad. I actually thought about renting a trailer and driving it up to the dealer and towing mine home! Nahhhhh... I'm driving it! I'm still going crazy waiting for mine. I may have 2 TRD Pro's in the driveway until I sell my 16! What fun would that be!!! My daughter wants my 16, The BOSS says no! "Wife" I'm waiting on a family trying to obtain a loan. I like the Factor 55. Thinking I a may pull the trigger. I don't buy anything until I sell enough of my fun stuff to pay for it! I'm getting ready to sell one of my Honda Trail 70's. It's a 73.. I have a buyer. That should pay for my rack and maybe some recovery equipment. I have a 71H all original, which are extremely hard to find. Not sure If I want to part with that one yet..I buy and sell Vintage Baseball Cards- Grade them and resell... I also pick up antiques and sell online. I retired 2 1/2years ago at 46 and sell online and Manage our family business. "All from home" I keep busy and still have tons of time to have FUN!!! I've spent more time with my kids over the last 2 1/2 years then I did for the first 10 and 14 years of their lives... Life is good.... very, very good.

Reactions: H60Flyer

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Glad you and the family OK during the "timeout".... It's really good to hear that the community opens up their hearts to those that may need some help in time of need. Good -taking it easy on the spending! Hopefully all will be OK before 2/15 and return to normalcy.

Keep washing it! 1k isn't bad. I actually thought about renting a trailer and driving it up to the dealer and towing mine home! Nahhhhh... I'm driving it! I'm still going crazy waiting for mine. I may have 2 TRD Pro's in the driveway until I sell my 16! What fun would that be!!! My daughter wants my 16, The BOSS says no! "Wife" I'm waiting on a family trying to obtain a loan. I like the Factor 55. Thinking I a may pull the trigger. I don't buy anything until I sell enough of my fun stuff to pay for it! I'm getting ready to sell one of my Honda Trail 70's. It's a 73.. I have a buyer. That should pay for my rack and maybe some recovery equipment. I have a 71H all original, which are extremely hard to find. Not sure If I want to part with that one yet..I buy and sell Vintage Baseball Cards- Grade them and resell... I also pick up antiques and sell online. I retired 2 1/2years ago at 46 and sell online and Manage our family business. "All from home" I keep busy and still have tons of time to have FUN!!! I've spent more time with my kids over the last 2 1/2 years then I did for the first 10 and 14 years of their lives... Life is good.... very, very good.
Hell yea, that's all good stuff! I have tons of toys myself and should part with some as well for spending money. Go-kart, 2 Honda XR-50's (all done up with big boy kits), 2 motorcycles, etc. I'd buy that bike off you, lol. Glad your getting the time with the kids. That's what I live for! .....2 TRD Pro's, not too many people can say that, lol. Hopefully your 16 sells soon.

Here are some pics of my toys. [emoji2] 20170701_120153.jpeg20181006_111318.jpegIMG_20141128_155127_766.jpeg

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Hell yea, that's all good stuff! I have tons of toys myself and should part with some as well for spending money. Go-kart, 2 Honda XR-50's (all done up with big boy kits), 2 motorcycles, etc. I'd buy that bike off you, lol. Glad your getting the time with the kids. That's what I live for! .....2 TRD Pro's, not too many people can say that, lol. Hopefully your 16 sells soon.

Here are some pics of my toys. [emoji2] View attachment 83706View attachment 83707View attachment 83708

SWEEEEEEEEEET!!!!!! Toys and Family! What else do you need? Oh.. My two Labs are good! LOL. Super Sweet!

Yeah... It's hard to justify dropping a ton of money into the new rig without selling some toys...I told the wife I would try not to pull money out of the bank.. Just use my fun money, which has worked so far. She told me to sell my 55' Chevy 3100.. Hmmm. It's pretty much a survivor except for the paint job.. She's been pushing... AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Reactions: H60Flyer

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Here are some pics of my toys. [emoji2] View attachment 83706View attachment 83707View attachment 83708

The 71H- it has the aftermarket seat on it. I have the original stored. Was cracking and did not want to screw it up.
56901341163__D7FB78EE-29DA-4E15-AEE7-A538C3E7F1FD.JPG

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

IMG_2279.JPG

Here she is. 100% California Truck. All rust is surface only. It’s crazy how good it looks. Still has the original spiral shocks!

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

IMG_4568.JPG

You can'treally see it, but this is a cheap framed mini bike with a Predator 212CC Harbor Freight engine. Jetted/piped/ heavy duty clutch and air filter. It’s stupid fast for a mini bike. Beats every bike in my hood for a block/ top end I lose. But it’s fun!!!

H60Flyer

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

NC, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Wolfen
Member #

Blahahahaha. Yes!!! My neighbor just came by and we are forming up plans for Overland Expo West. Looks like I’ll be there. I have so much more to look at and prioritize. Main goal is to be ready for a 4-5 week trip with my 12 year old son. He’s all in. He s a Scout and Snow Camping this week end in-the Sierra”s. I want to be ready for the trip. I think I need to be serious now and really think about needs vs wants. Dang it! I’ll keep ya in the loop. Hopefully I’ll see the SW soon. Sliders ETA at 1/30. So... maybe C4 front next with lights and winch. Not sure though. View attachment 83458

Contemplating in the yard with a beer and a small fire.
Well, I don't have my fire pit going tonight but I did just get done splitting a bunch of wood! Im on the back deck looking up 4runner accessories (imagine that) drinking this baby. Cheers!20190127_165455.jpeg20190127_165506.jpeg

Retinens803

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

South Carolina, USA
First Name
CJC
Last Name
CJC
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4BMJ

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Well, I don't have my fire pit going tonight but I did just get done splitting a bunch of wood! Im on the back deck looking up 4runner accessories (imagine that) drinking this baby. Cheers!View attachment 83740View attachment 83741
Nice!!!! 8.5%. That’s a nice little Stout! LOL. Enjoy the beer and relax!! Find something good for the SW!!!