4Runner Lift Question

• HTML tutorial

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

No this isn't a what size lift to run certain size tire :)

So I installed King 2.5 Coilovers with Adjusters to level out my 4Runner. The plan was to run that for a while and install lift later. Well, we are at that later point and so naturally I'm looking to match my front CO's with the King 2.5 rear shocks with adjusters.

Problem is, King is out 30 weeks. That's insane!

So do I wait the 30 weeks to have a matched system or do I put a different set of rear shocks on? Any advice on which route to go is greatly appreciated. If it is mix and match, what do you suggest?

Doug

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Long ass lead time for kings, icon or any of the big name shocks isn't something new racing season Is pretty much here already and the desert, mud and rock guys keep them pretty busy with custom stuff. Keep it in mind because if you have issues or want a revalve or something you'll likely be waiting a good bit.

If it were me and I could find something in another brand that would match all the specs needed I'd have no problem using a mix match.

If I were to just need to have it match brands and specs front and back I'd look for another brand That would suit your needs and sell those fronts then buy a full set of another brand that is if its available.

Reactions: A10MileHusker

ryanorr280

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Wewoka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Orr
Member #

I think he pretty much summed it up. long lead time isn't unusual, customer waited 4 months for the kings we put on a ram 2500 a couple months back. not 30 weeks, but not soon either...

only other idea I would have would be to check with shops and see if someone has a set in stock by rare chance. maybe from a build that got canceled. but that's a long shot.

if you really want the kings, you could grab a set of cheaper shocks while you wait, (resell/keep them for extras in a pinch) then swap them out when the kings come in to make it all match. I did the cheap route, billstein shocks on ours, they work well. though, they are not by any means kings...

Reactions: A10MileHusker

Andrew Leach

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston, TX
Member #

It would drive me crazy being mismatched or having unequal quality front and rear, I'd just wait. I've no desire to ever sell my vehicle now that I've put so much time, $, attn, and memories into it. I'm a long term hold so if it were me I'd just order and wait...

A10MileHusker

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

West Slope, OR
Member #

Thanks for the replies. I ended up purchasing the kings, along with some Toytec Aluma shocks that I will replace with the Kings once they come in. I'll ride mismatched for the few months it takes for them to be built but just couldn't wait that long to lift the rig as I want it to be ready for this summer.

Appreciate the input!