Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles CA
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Casasola
Member #

I got a 1995 Fzj80 I swat the wheels she got 17 and some rubber 35x12.5 now it seen my speedometer is out of set there is anything i can do anything I need to buy to fix it we just came back from Arizona and it wasn't fun going up hill seen the transmission didn't know when to shift... desperately need help I have to go back to Utah and pick up the family I do t want to go through this again w/check engine light popping code PO1401 egr valve

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Doubt engine code has anything to do with your tires unless it happen to be caused by pushing the engine harder. Stock gearing with 35s and stock gearing is not going to be fun. If you want to have your speedo closer and your power / torque curve closer to stock you are going to need to regear your rig. I'd suggest 4.88s from the stock 4.10s many had made the mistake to put in the 4.56s but this just isn't enough when running 35" tires IMO. If you have never worked with a Toyota 3rd member I'd suggest having a shop do it for you. If you have intentions of installing lockers (if your truck doesn't already have them) now is the time.

coruja08

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Los Angeles CA
First Name
Cesar
Last Name
Casasola
Member #

Thanks 1derer for info and yes checkengine light only pop when we going up Hills pushing hard

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk