4 Wheeling with my Off-Road Aerotow Trailer

• HTML tutorial

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
I suppose it doesn't look that Gnarly, but it was rough and steep enough for 4-low, especially pulling the trailer. This was the first real test of the trailer with the new axle and wheel/tire. Tires are down to 15 psi and I might pull a leaf out of the springs to soften them up a bit.

4Runner does OK pulling it. It's a little underpowered, and under geared. I did recently replace the spark plugs and that improved things.

Trailer action starts at 1:50:

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR
I like that little trailer. I remember it when it didn't look so gnarly and I liked it back then too!
Nice work and keep those kids fishin'! it's all good.

Dan.

Reactions: Wolfy

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I think your trailer looks pretty darn good, myself. Don’t sell it short. I’m going to have to regear myself.

I suppose it doesn't look that Gnarly, but it was rough and steep enough for 4-low, especially pulling the trailer. This was the first real test of the trailer with the new axle and wheel/tire. Tires are down to 15 psi and I might pull a leaf out of the springs to soften them up a bit.

4Runner does OK pulling it. It's a little underpowered, and under geared. I did recently replace the spark plugs and that improved things.

May I ask why you lowered the trailer tyre pressure?

Surely because it’s a dead rolling weight having more air helps it, the increased footprint just adds more rolling resistance.? I know the benefits on the vehicle

Chingon Granpa

Rank III

Enthusiast III

la mirada ca
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Chavez
Member #

Wolfy

Rank V

Advocate I

Reno
May I ask why you lowered the trailer tyre pressure?

Surely because it’s a dead rolling weight having more air helps it, the increased footprint just adds more rolling resistance.? I know the benefits on the vehicle
Its a 1000# trailer with 10 ply tires. 15 psi is the right pressure.