Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

Sounds like a fun weekend. I wanted to go last year but things didn’t work out. I reserved campsite T1, I look forward to meeting everyone!
Be prepared for some good times with some good folks in a beautiful area in a beautiful time of year.

....Also, be prepared if things get weird, the lizard king makes an unexpected appearance and a large portion of the campground succeeds from the rest of the state park.

Reactions: Greybans

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired
Be prepared for some good times with some good folks in a beautiful area in a beautiful time of year.

....Also, be prepared if things get weird, the lizard king makes an unexpected appearance and a large portion of the campground succeeds from the rest of the state park.
I can attest to the weird part...:flushed:

Sasquatch SC

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Jefferson County, Colorado, United States
First Name
Trey
Last Name
Hayes
Member #

I can attest to the weird part...:flushed:
I just own and embrace it at this point in my life. I'm a relatively short guy and not particularly hairy, but my personal mascot is the Sasquatch. Weird. He is also my spirit animal. Even declaring that statement? Weird. Several years ago I decided I wanted to do a new build and I wanted it to be for overlanding. So I talked to my financial advisor and found out the price range vehicles I could afford and I went car shopping. I could have bought a new Jeep or Toyota or a big 4x4 truck or a wide variety of used vehicles. I ended up choosing to buy the luxury trim package of a family station wagon to build into an overland rig. Weird.

I make weird choices, I do weird things, I am entertained by weird things, I look a little weird, I drive a weird car... Weird is me. But you wanna know what is really, really, really weird? That you guys still associate with and go camping in the wilderness with me. I think that makes all of you weird.... and me? That makes me the Lizard King!!!!!

Reactions: FishinCrzy

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Gents, I'm afraid I have some bad news...

I'm no longer a proud member of the tribe of Subies. :disappointed: The Foz started to show some signs of internal engine damage so I pawned it off on CarMax this weekend before she had a chance to become a paperweight.

I'm now rolling in a 2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. We're still getting to know each other but I think it'll be a beautiful relationship. :blush:

Staticline40

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Fort Mill, SC, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Tebo
Member #

Service Branch
US Army Retired

I'm no longer a proud member of the tribe of Subies. :disappointed: The Foz started to show some signs of internal engine damage so I pawned it off on CarMax this weekend before she had a chance to become a paperweight.

I'm now rolling in a 2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X. We're still getting to know each other but I think it'll be a beautiful relationship. :blush:
Nice, the way things are lately you were lucky to find a decent rig to replace the Subie!

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

Im heavily considering running through Horse pasture on sunday before I hit the road if anyone wants to tag along. Havnt done it yet and want to check it out

Reactions: JButtress

Greybans

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Columbia, SC, USA
First Name
Grey
Last Name
Gann
Member #

Hey another frontier! Welcome to the Nissan family.

Reactions: Jeffrey Dill

NC-Trooper

US SouthEast Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Member III

Charlotte
First Name
John
Last Name
Holland
Member #

BOOM. I am in! Just reserved sight 11.
I have been grounded with small kids but I am finally ready to get back out there!
Thanks for putting this together!