Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
38th Annual 4x4 Offroad and High Performance Swap Meet, held at the Washington State Fair Events Center in
Puyallup, Washington. The oldest 4x4 swap meet in the Northwest. Sponsored by the Spanaway Moonshiners Jeep Club.

http://www.moonshinersjeepclub.com/swapmeet/

View Rally Point
Reactions: M Rose

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Ok; so I posted this event on the Rally Point. It also shows up on the calendar. I've attended multiple years, and it has always been great. You never know what you'll find, especially if you've got something older. They also have a lot of new stuff too. Some big companies set-up their wares there. Get there early to get in line before they open at 0900.

But please note: I am not in any way one of the organizers for this event. I just posted it so others would be aware of the swap meet. I can probably answer any general question (like "Yes; they have food vendors there"). But please see the link and flyer for any specific questions and contact information.

Last edited:

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Lots of vehicle aftermarket vendors will be there selling stuff. Seems like last year a lot of booths were selling electric (12V) fridges, and name brands ones too (like ARB). Wear comfortable shoes; you'll be doing a lot of walking. I can't emphasize how big this thing is.

OTH Overland

Local Expert Washington, USA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Looking forward to checking out what vehicular treasures are looking to come home with us..lol

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
This might be fun - after the swap meet, tell us what "treasures" you found there. Something you never thought you'd find again? Something you never knew existed? Something you bought and now you need to figure out what you're going to do with it? Let us know.

And I think Sunday 8 March is the first day of daylight savings time. So that Saturday night prior you'll set your clocks one hour ahead.

Last edited:

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Puyallup weather prediction for Sunday, 8 March (day of 4x4 Swap Meet): Cloudy, low chance of precipitation, temps upper 30's in the morning, to mid 40's later on. So dress warm!

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
After walking away from the ham swap meet empty handed yesterday, We are off to the 4x4 swap meet to see if we fare better to day. At least the weather is much better today, currently a sun break and 38 degrees. Have not yet run across any other members yet.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
After walking away from the ham swap meet empty handed yesterday, We are off to the 4x4 swap meet to see if we fare better to day. At least the weather is much better today, currently a sun break and 38 degrees. Have not yet run across any other members yet.

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
At the food court right now. Finished the inside, now getting ready to do the outside after I finish my corndog.

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
At the food court right now. Finished the inside, now getting ready to do the outside after I finish my corndog.
Paul, we just finished up inside, going to do rhe east side next then finish up on the west

OTH Overland

Investor

Trail Blazer III

Camano Island, WA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Ballard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N7XQP
Service Branch
Fire/EMS/SAR
Completed our adventure, Great weather and tons of well aged parts (and a lot of new cheap import tools and electrical accessories). Not much for the overland bunch. Most items seemed to be for older jeeps and Toyota. While we did not buy anything, we did have a great time. Thanks to @armyRN for posting this in the Rally Point or we would not have known about it. It was nice to get away from the grind for a couple of days and relax. I think the current beer virus scare got the best of the ham show yesterday, we will defiantly attend that again next year as a lot of tables were empty this time. No affect on the 4x4 folks though lots of vendors and attendees. Time to pack up the RV and head north

Attachments

armyRN

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Longview, WA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Dickinson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7TSP
Completed our adventure, Great weather and tons of well aged parts (and a lot of new cheap import tools and electrical accessories). Not much for the overland bunch. Most items seemed to be for older jeeps and Toyota. While we did not buy anything, we did have a great time. Thanks to @armyRN for posting this in the Rally Point or we would not have known about it. It was nice to get away from the grind for a couple of days and relax. I think the current beer virus scare got the best of the ham show yesterday, we will defiantly attend that again next year as a lot of tables were empty this time. No affect on the 4x4 folks though lots of vendors and attendees. Time to pack up the RV and head north
I'm glad ffolks were able to attend. Nice picture of the inside of the event; there was probably double that outside, and in one of the other buildings. Tons of stuff for sale.

It is more geared towards the Jeep/Toyota/Scout/Bronco/hard-core/older full-sized & four-wheeling crowd. But you never know what you'll find there.

What did I get? I wasn't really looking for anything in particular - I just like looking to see what I didn't know I needed. I got another circuit tester (my other one broke), a die-cast Jeep TJ model (to add to my Jeep shelf), and some business cards for possible later reference.

So when's the next NW camping trip?
Jeep shelf.jpg

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
So when's the next NW camping trip?
Post a date on the RP... people will come...

March 12 or 13 people are heading to Southern Oregon for a meet and greet in Grants Pass...Talk is of a campout for the weekend possibly. @Big G knows more about it than I do.