Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

With places opening up we can get back to normal, hopefully. We will have the meeting outside due seating restrictions inside. We will be at the parking lot of A&W restaurant, so if is hot we can get float. Look for the Overland Bound flag hanging. Hope to see you soon.

KingsRiverKid

Rank III
Launch Member

Member III

Visalia, California
First Name
Arlee
Last Name
Altamirano
Member #

Yes!!! I'll totally be there, just got into overlanding and would love to have someone to tag along with and learn from. Thanks for the invite.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

KingsRiverKid, welcome to OB and glad to hear that you are coming to the meeting. I've been out on OB trips and they are a blast. I'm in the Mojave Road clean up video that Micheal put out. Check out all the app resources and if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Maddog74, we will be happy to meet you, but if you got to go, be safe.

CrashFireResq

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hanford, CA, USA
First Name
Douglas
Last Name
Affolter
Member #

I really appreciate the invite & meet-up chance. Unfortunately I am scheduled to work that weekend. Hope all have a good meet-up. Be safe & enjoy!

MrJames

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

225 N. Boise St, Visalia, CA 93291
First Name
James
Last Name
Hendon
Member #

If this meeting is at 9:30 on 5/30/2020 in the AW parking lot I will attempt to be there. I'm also new to Overlanding and I'm currently researching items like a roof rack, tent, fridge, ... Lots of questions.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

MrJames, glad to hear that you might make it to the meeting. The meeting starts at 10am to 12pm at the AW parking lot. Look for the Overland Bound flag on my black Dodge ram 2500. Currently I'm doing the 3 day challenge that Micheal put the other day YouTube. This is my current view right now. I'm just below Mt Whitney and above Lone Pine. I'll be posting this on my YouTube channel,
Adventure inthewoods and in the forum, trips now and then.
See you at the meeting and bring those questions. IMG_20200522_170545348.jpgIMG_20200522_170629824.jpgIMG_20200522_170553404.jpg

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

I just started the channel and have one video on it. After this trip I will be posting a few more videos. Camp set up, my cooler.
I post pictures on OB forums on the trips now and then.
YouTube, Adventure inthewoods
Inthewoods is one word.
Here's the link.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Adventures inthewoods
There's an s after Adventure and inthewoods is one word.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Yes, see you all tomorrow. Tell a friend. A couple topics for tomorrow are, our next meetings, a camping meet and greet above Fresno, Mojave Road clean up coming up the 2 ND week of November. Who's going?
You got ideas, let's hear them.
Look for the Overland Bound flag.

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Maddog74 I think your right about a camping trip. This last meeting was good, we had two new members, KingsRiverKid and TCorona come to the meeting wanting to meet others.. There is no June meeting for Visalia due to the virus and graduations that people still feel like staying home a little longer. SO, in July 11th on we are having a meeting and then a camping trip the following weekend. Next meeting July 11th. July 17-19 camping. I will post a Rally Point on it. We will have the meeting and discuss the camping trip for the next weekend. These trips will local or far and by members, so if a member has a great spot for camping then we are in for checking it out and just get out there and enjoy being inthewoods.

Reactions: rvrgrip

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Trail Blazer III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

The next Visalia meeting is on July 11th from 10am to 12pm. I am looking for a sit down location for the meeting and parking. The following weekend is a camping trip for any one that wants to go. I'm thinking Voyager campground by courtright reservoir above Shaver and dinky creek, maybe fish camp area.
Any ideas are welcome. I will post the meeting location on Rally point soon.