Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilsonville, AL, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Wooten
Member #

What's the best and most economical lift kit for someone on a buget? Or can this be achieved by purchasing individual parts?

Benjamin Croce

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Conway, New Hampshire
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC1LAH
"Best" and "economical" are going to be polar opposites when it comes to picking out a lift kit. Best, in terms of quality won't be cheap. Economical will mean low quality parts that you'll be replacing all the time or bad ride quality or both.

There are certain mods that you don't want to cheap out on. Spend good money on a quality kit and your rig will thank you. Suspension is everything, especially on our vehicles and what we do with them. You want quality parts under it, and that means your going to pay a decent amount.

I've got a Rock Krawler 3.5" lift kit, all inclusive kit (meaning all the extras besides the usual shocks\springs) and I couldn't be happier. Took me a while to save up for it, but I'm very happy I waited and bought a good quality kit that's going to hold up to abuse and give a great ride quality.

Buy once, cry once.

Reactions: Wesley Wooten

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
BDS has always been my go to suspension company. Quality kits that ride and flex well. They walk the walk, not just brodozer junk like many other companies. No questions asked warranty. They're owned by fox now.

Mild leveling kits, I'll piece together myself. But they end up costing as much as 4" systems.

Reactions: Wesley Wooten

Wesley Wooten

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Wilsonville, AL, USA
First Name
Wesley
Last Name
Wooten
Member #

"Best" and "economical" are going to be polar opposites when it comes to picking out a lift kit. Best, in terms of quality won't be cheap. Economical will mean low quality parts that you'll be replacing all the time or bad ride quality or both.

There are certain mods that you don't want to cheap out on. Spend good money on a quality kit and your rig will thank you. Suspension is everything, especially on our vehicles and what we do with them. You want quality parts under it, and that means your going to pay a decent amount.

I've got a Rock Krawler 3.5" lift kit, all inclusive kit (meaning all the extras besides the usual shocks\springs) and I couldn't be happier. Took me a while to save up for it, but I'm very happy I waited and bought a good quality kit that's going to hold up to abuse and give a great ride quality.

Buy once, cry once.
You're right. I'm going to wait and buy a good one. I've heard good things about total chaos.