3 nights between Norcal and Scottsdale, AZ?

• HTML tutorial

25SAR66

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Napa Valley
First Name
Alan
Last Name
V
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Km6qmk
I'm planning a (solo) trip from Northern California down through California onto my final destination of Scottsdale, AZ. I was thinking of taking 3 days to make the trip. I've done it numerous times just straight through but this time I want to take it slow and explore along the way. Thinking Death Valley, Mojave, or what other great recommendations do you have? I will be going January 5-8th so weather may be a limiting factor but not too familiar with conditions in those areas. Last time I went to Death Valley was on a GS motorcycle and it was HOT and DRY.

Open to suggestions. Thanks.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Greetings from Marin. If your around Joshua Tree I would try and take Pinkman Canyon trail. If your near Mojave Preserve take the side road to Cinder Cones and Lava beds.

25SAR66

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Napa Valley
First Name
Alan
Last Name
V
Ham/GMRS Callsign
Km6qmk
Greetings from Marin. If your around Joshua Tree I would try and take Pinkman Canyon trail. If your near Mojave Preserve take the side road to Cinder Cones and Lava beds.
Thanks for the tips. Have no set plan so far. Never been to Joshua Tree or the Mojave area. Will have to google Pinkman Canyon Trail and the Cinder Cones. Cheers, AV

fly boy

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marin County
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Mazzon
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6BIF
Have you ever taken any off road trails around Kingman/Sedona/Grand Canyon area? Thinking of doing a 5 day trip though that area next year?