2wd Nissan Xterra build

• HTML tutorial
Hey everyone I'm new to overlanding and looking for some tips on how to build a serviceable 2wd rig. I'm not currently able to enter the market for a 4wd overlander so looking to enjoy overlanding with what I have. I've seen tons of videos on starter tips but there is so much info out there it gets a bit confusing. I live in the southern California desert and curious to know what are some great diy and absolute first steps that will help me get places and really get going.

Bradshaw13

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Running Springs, California
Member #

Hey everyone I'm new to overlanding and looking for some tips on how to build a serviceable 2wd rig. I'm not currently able to enter the market for a 4wd overlander so looking to enjoy overlanding with what I have. I've seen tons of videos on starter tips but there is so much info out there it gets a bit confusing. I live in the southern California desert and curious to know what are some great diy and absolute first steps that will help me get places and really get going.
Hey Dereck I noticed you said you’re in Southern California. I’m also located in SoCal and I have a 02 Xterra so if you’re interested in doing any trail rides or anything message me. Plus we could figure out upgrades we could do to out rigs.

Hey Dereck, I am also from Socal and have a 2wd Jeep Grand Cherokee. For us 2 wheelers the best upgrade that should be done first is a good set of tires, also depending where you go. You might need some clearance so a 2” lift should be enough. Be sure to have some recovery gear like Maxtraxx to help get you out of some sticky situations.

Attachments