US Rocky Mountain 2nd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

What would be your first choice for trail run departure times on Sat & Sun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
The way it normally goes is that a couple of us will get there Thursday AM and then others will trickle in from then until Sat AM. We will iron things out as we get closer. Does that help?
Perfect. I will probably cruise in Thursday afternoon sometimes. Will hammer out details as it gets a little closer.

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Rick Louie

Rank V

Traveler III

Centennial, CO, USA
First Name
Rick
Last Name
Louie
Member #

San Juan mountains trip
Ouray, Telluride, Lake City, Silverton
The trip I'm planning for June will be 11th-14th or 15th,

On a previous trip I've run these trails;
Yankee Boy basin
Mineral Creek
Engineer pass
Cinnamon pass
California gulch
Corkscrew gulch/ Hurricane pass
Black Bear pass
Imogene pass

Some of the trails I would like to experienc this trip are any of the above trails plus some of these new to me trails.
Last Dollar Road (mainly to camp/rest after the long drive out)
Ophir pass/Alta lakes
Stoney pass/ Kite lake
Red Mountain mining area

The first trip I took down there we stopped at the King Soopers to fuel up and grab some last minute provisions, and drove through Ouray and jumped onto Mineral Creek trail to Engineer pass and camped along the river near Lake City, but that was in late July and everthing was open. Being earlier in the season is why I figure it would be best to come in on Last Dollar road for the first night to camp.

The one thing I'm looking forward to on this trip is to see the area during the spring run off. I think it will be uniquely beautiful.
Don't forget Owl Creek Pass and some of the John Wayne "True Grit" scenery! :-) Lots of County Roads with incredible scenery in the Ridgway area. I'm guessing most of the high mountain passes will still be closed at that time or really muddy. Beautiful area. I usually do my trips to the area in Late July for wildflowers and 1st of October for Fall colors. I need to do Stoney Pass some day.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

But back on topic of this thread. I am really still holding out hope that we can get together for June Jam. I'm sure we will be asked to take some precautions, but wouldnt it be great to see old and make new friends after all this craziness.

Hope you all are doing well and keeping you and your loved ones safe. I'm sure everthing will work out! See you all soon! David

Last edited:

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Hotel room booked in Buena Vista for Wednesday night! I can't wait for this trip. Going to be a fun and relaxing weekend.

• Love
Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

Would like to attend, but looks like we have hit the max number. May find another spot in the area.

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Hotel room booked in Buena Vista for Wednesday night! I can't wait for this trip. Going to be a fun and relaxing weekend.
Sounds great! Hopefully the zombie apocalypse will be over by then. Sorry I didn't respond sooner. I somehow missed the notification.

Reactions: darjo242

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Would like to attend, but looks like we have hit the max number. May find another spot in the area.
Please RSVP as I've increased the count. There are at least a few in the list that I've learned won't be there so we're all good.

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

Excited to join this year, any issues with land use for bringing the dogs along?