US Rocky Mountain 2nd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

What would be your first choice for trail run departure times on Sat & Sun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
See the link in the RALLY POINT NOTES for the most current info.

This is our second annual extended weekend trip to Buena Vista Colorado!

--Please join us for an extended weekend of camping, exploring and getting to know our fellow Overland Bound members.

--This area offers countless camping opportunities as well as miles of mild 4WD roads. For those wanting something harder there are several high elevation 4WD roads nearby. We'll organize our 4WD outings as we finalize headcounts and determine what everyone is interested in.

--We will secure a campsite as early on Thursday as possible and will update this thread if the location changes.

See the notes section farther down the page for additional information.

View Rally Point

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Ardie and I plan on being there, two members one rig. Hopefully late enough in June to have Tincup and others open.
I probably won't lead a run over Tin Cup because it requires the permit. I hate making folks feel like they have to buy it. There is so much to do there that doesn't require it. But I'm certainly open if that's something the whole group wants to do.

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
I probably won't lead a run over Tin Cup because it requires the permit. I hate making folks feel like they have to buy it. There is so much to do there that doesn't require it. But I'm certainly open if that's something the whole group wants to do.
If you are referring to an OHV pass, Tincup Pass Rd does not require one. If you take the “old” Tincup Pass Rd (267.3d) that short section does require the pass, but it not necessary to do the pass (both sections divide and meet back up on same road). Options are always good.

Reactions: KonzaLander

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
If you are referring to an OHV pass, Tincup Pass Rd does not require one. If you take the “old” Tincup Pass Rd (267.3d) that short section does require the pass, but it not necessary to do the pass (both sections divide and meet back up on same road). Options are always good.
LOL. (You'd have to have been here last year to know why I find this funny.)

Trailsoffroad.com lists it as permit required, but perhaps that is because they take some optional sections:

In a hurried glance I do not see it listed in the staythetrails list.

That might be a good weekend trip all on it's own.

mountainrecce

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Colorado Springs, CO 80920, USA
First Name
Chad
Last Name
Edwards
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD0VGV
LOL. (You'd have to have been here last year to know why I find this funny.)

Trailsoffroad.com lists it as permit required, but perhaps that is because they take some optional sections:

In a hurried glance I do not see it listed in the staythetrails list.

That might be a good weekend trip all on it's own.
Agreed

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Tin cup was never on the shortlist last year because the forest service had it closed.

As June draws closer we'll have another look.

Trying to plan fun rides taking into account skill levels and arrival times isn't always as easy as it sounds.

Reactions: mountainrecce