US Rocky Mountain 2nd Annual Buena Vista June Jam (Colorado Front Range)

• HTML tutorial

What would be your first choice for trail run departure times on Sat & Sun?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iridium

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert CO: Ft. Collins Area

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

We will be bringing a 10x10 ft canopy tent for anyone who wants to hang out under when it's too sunny out. Which propane fire pit would yall recommend?

Reactions: Neal A. Tew

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

We will be bringing a 10x10 ft canopy tent for anyone who wants to hang out under when it's too sunny out. Which propane fire pit would yall recommend?
I ordered the Camco Big Red Campfire from Walmart.com today. Can’t find the big or little one anywhere in town. Camping gear is selling out around here so fast this year!

Reactions: Iridium

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

I am going to bring my small utility trailer so we can bring two 30 gallon metal trash cans. And line them with contractor trash bags so that we can keep our area clean during this event. Please use it for your overflow trash mainly and for those who are bringing younger kids and want to dispose of smelly stuff. (Dog poop in bags also please!) Once we are set-up we will park it away from everyone's campsites (20-30 yards away).

Eric and I would like to close out Saturday with sort of a pot-luck. My home grill isn't very big but definitely would be handy to grill up hamburgers and hotdogs because of the currants situation feel free to do as you see fit. I'll be bringing store bought potato salad, macaroni salad, and some veggies. I'll also bring one pack of beef hotdogs and buns. (This gives me reason to clean up my grill!). Also will have two banquet tables and an awning to go over them. If anyone has a second awning it would be nice to combine them for Saturday night in case of weather. Neal provided me with a small overland Bound flag that I will attach to the awning.

I'm pretty stoked about this event because my wife is going too. Please encourage your wives to attend, because I feel the main reason they don't come is that they end up the only woman amongst the men. This needs to chang because as much as I like hanging with the guys, I perfure having my wife around so much more.

Cheers!!!!!!!

Neal A. Tew

US Rocky Mountain Local Expert
Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Please encourage your wives to attend, because I feel the main reason they don't come is that they end up the only woman amongst the men. This needs to chang because as much as I like hanging with the guys, I perfure having my wife around so much more.

Cheers!!!!!!!
I wish it were as simple as that, but my wife hates nearly all the roughing it components of camping and has panic attacks on the bulk of the 4wd roads I like to travel.

Aeroscout

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Mechanic II

Denver, CO
First Name
Rod
Last Name
Kennard
Member #

I'm pretty stoked about this event because my wife is going too. Please encourage your wives to attend, because I feel the main reason they don't come is that they end up the only woman amongst the men. This needs to chang because as much as I like hanging with the guys, I perfure having my wife around so much more.

Cheers!!!!!!!

My wife, Lori will be there. We are still a bit skittish with COVID so potluck is out for us as we remain socially distant. Please don't think we are being rude, just cautious.

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

I am going to bring my small utility trailer so we can bring two 30 gallon metal trash cans. And line them with contractor trash bags so that we can keep our area clean during this event. Please use it for your overflow trash mainly and for those who are bringing younger kids and want to dispose of smelly stuff. (Dog poop in bags also please!) Once we are set-up we will park it away from everyone's campsites (20-30 yards away).

Eric and I would like to close out Saturday with sort of a pot-luck. My home grill isn't very big but definitely would be handy to grill up hamburgers and hotdogs because of the currants situation feel free to do as you see fit. I'll be bringing store bought potato salad, macaroni salad, and some veggies. I'll also bring one pack of beef hotdogs and buns. (This gives me reason to clean up my grill!). Also will have two banquet tables and an awning to go over them. If anyone has a second awning it would be nice to combine them for Saturday night in case of weather. Neal provided me with a small overland Bound flag that I will attach to the awning.

Cheers!!!!!!!
My wife will be joining for sure, she's been telling me she gets bored talking about the gear and vehicles so much lol. As for the potluck I'll discuss with her depends on how late we can stay since we have early shifts Monday morning

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

My wife, Lori will be there. We are still a bit skittish with COVID so potluck is out for us as we remain socially distant. Please don't think we are being rude, just cautious.
I totally understand, and respect that, these are unpresident times and you have to do what you feel is right in your eyes. Thanks

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
As for the potluck I'll discuss with her depends on how late we can stay since we have early shifts Monday morning
Did you understand that he was speaking of Saturday evening?

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

As for the potluck I'll discuss with her depends on how late we can stay since we have early shifts Monday morning
Did you understand that he was speaking of Saturday evening?
I apparently misread that, yep we are all in, I'll talk to the wife and see what we can bring. We have our canopy we can use to provide additional shelter if needed!

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
Haha, especially with everyone 6 feet apart. :grinning:
Was it noonish you guys were planning on being at the rally point? Because if I can get out there early enough on Wednesday (planning on leaving Show Low @ 0330), I can get my grocery shopping done and still enjoy a few beers @ Soulcraft Brewing, that I can get an early start Thursday and get to the rally point early.

Neal A. Tew

Mod Team

Member III

Pueblo West, CO
First Name
Neal
Last Name
Tew
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N1TEW
Was it noonish you guys were planning on being at the rally point? Because if I can get out there early enough on Wednesday (planning on leaving Show Low @ 0330), I can get my grocery shopping done and still enjoy a few beers @ Soulcraft Brewing, that I can get an early start Thursday and get to the rally point early.
I don't know yet my arrival time. Stay tuned.

The biggest thing is that's a popular camping area and it may be difficult or impossible to get that spot. Earliest we can get there the better.

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL

The biggest thing is that's a popular camping area and it may be difficult or impossible to get that spot. Earliest we can get there the better.
Barring getting utterly smashed at Soulcraft the night before, I should be able to be on the road from my hotel between 9 and 10am

• Haha

Zappe

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Dacono, CO, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dean
Member #

I’m driving down early Friday and should get there by 12.

Iridium

Influencer III

Fort Collins, CO, USA
First Name
Aleem
Last Name
Qureshi
Member #

We are driving down early Friday from Fort Collins, if all goes well with the handoff to our dog sitter, we should be in around 10-11a Friday morning shooting for 10a

darjo242

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Show Low, AZ
First Name
Darryl
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7HLL
I know there are a few wildfires burning in CO, how is the smoke and air quality in the area?