270 degree or one side awning?

• HTML tutorial

Enthusiast I

Scappoose, OR, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Garcia
I see the pros and cons to both of these options, living and overlanding in the PNW the 270 offers side exit of the rig to rear of the rig entry and cooking with not getting wet at all yet it assume that you have the space for it while out and lastly more issues could go wrong with a larger awning like so. The simple one side awning obviously better prices and less issues to arise offers simple one side shade and rain cover but that is it.

Anyways what’s everyone’s thoughts?

Here is the rig and yes a full basket rack is going on before this install.

Attachments

Submariner

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Montesano, WA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Harper
Member #

Yes I am curious about this to. I am getting a wrangler JKU and this would come in real handy up here.

When camping and pulling my M416, It was always last thing on and the first thing off was the BLUE SKY (tarp). and it was put up first and was last thing down. In Western Washington when you camp you are not having a good time unless you are cold, wet , and Miserable. lol

Reactions: Shahn

Old Tanker

Rank V
Launch Member

Steward I

Norfolk, VA, USA
First Name
Keith
Last Name
Reimer
Member #

Service Branch
USMC
The sturdy Kinsman and Alu-cab awnings are only available as 270s. With a 4Runner's lifting rear hatch, I'm interested only in a 180. I keep waiting for a top quality 180, rather than Chinese alibaba stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Submariner

Submariner

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Montesano, WA, USA
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Harper
Member #

I know what you are saying. I look at some of these and think that I could make something a little better for 1/3 the price.