Rank II

Enthusiast I

La Puente, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

Hi! Newbie here and if this horse has been kicked dead, I apologize. I’m looking for a RTT and came across the 23zero Breezeway. Looks well made and has lots of windows, which I Ike. My question is, how is this thing in inclement weather? Mainly wind and rain. Does it flap around a lot with the wind? Do the storm covers and rain fly do a good job of keeping the water out? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Reactions: Dusther210

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Hi! Newbie here and if this horse has been kicked dead, I apologize. I’m looking for a RTT and came across the 23zero Breezeway. Looks well made and has lots of windows, which I Ike. My question is, how is this thing in inclement weather? Mainly wind and rain. Does it flap around a lot with the wind? Do the storm covers and rain fly do a good job of keeping the water out? Any input would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
I don’t have any experience with this tent but it seems like soft shell tents in general are pretty loud in the wind, louder than any other option.

Although I suppose if you have the rain fly off and use all the mesh it would probably quieter and give minimal wind protection.

As for rain, there are cheaper tents that don’t seem to have rain issues. I imagine 23Zero having that squared away. Their weekender series seems to have un uber rain fly.

Again, I have no experience with 23zero. I did seriously consider them and they seem like quality tents. If you pick one up please do a review

Reactions: PETE_9597

PETE_9597

Rank II

Enthusiast I

La Puente, Los Angeles County, California, United States
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Peterson
Member #

I don’t have any experience with this tent but it seems like soft shell tents in general are pretty loud in the wind, louder than any other option.

Although I suppose if you have the rain fly off and use all the mesh it would probably quieter and give minimal wind protection.

As for rain, there are cheaper tents that don’t seem to have rain issues. I imagine 23Zero having that squared away. Their weekender series seems to have un uber rain fly.

Again, I have no experience with 23zero. I did seriously consider them and they seem like quality tents. If you pick one up please do a review
Thanks for the input. I figured there would wind noise, just wanted to see if this one is better with it than cheaper options. And I wouldn’t get weekender, I need something more robust.

I’m just wondering if this is a good, balanced alternative to a clamshell tent like Roofnest or iKamper.

If I go this route, I’ll definitely do a review to help our members.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH

Thanks for the input. I figured there would wind noise, just wanted to see if this one is better with it than cheaper options. And I wouldn’t get weekender, I need something more robust.

I’m just wondering if this is a good, balanced alternative to a clamshell tent like Roofnest or iKamper.

If I go this route, I’ll definitely do a review to help our members.
I wouldn’t know personally but everyone says the hard shells are significantly better with the wind. I considered the Trustmade hard shell partially due to this.

This community could really use some good quality agenda free gear reviews

NathanPAnderson

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Northeast Arkansas
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

I've had my 23 Zero is several thunderstorms and heavy rain storms. They're about the same as any other soft shell tent from what I can tell. I have only spent considerable time in one other, the Smittybilt. Other than the much higher quality of materials and production, they are about the same as far as weathering a storm goes. It will flap around and shake a lot. You can take the rain fly off it its just high wind and no rain, but that's not usually the case. That said I love my 23Z and there aren't many other tents that I would consider over this one.