gschlossnagle

Rank 0

Contributor II

Woodstock, MD
First Name
George
Last Name
Schlossnagle
I bought a 23zero peregrine awning to put on my Wrangler JL with a Gobi Stealth rack. Unfortunately the brackets that came with it won't fit on the Gobi (the horizontal part of the bracket wont fit between the side rails of the Gobi basket.

Gobi makes a Foxwing/Batwing bracket that looks like it /might/ be a good fit but getting an answer from Gobi on the spacing of the holes to see whether or not they'd accomodate the peregrine (whose tracks are 4.25" center-to-center) is very difficult. Called, got sent to email, no response from Gobi in days. Unfortunately, my experience in ordering my rack was similar, Gobi is hella non-responsive. 23zero was similarly not-helpful ('foxwing brackets might work, let us know').

I also (just today) have a mail into the Gzila folks to see if there brackets are tall enough to support an awning with a 4.25" rail spacing.

Does anyone here have a foxwing handy and could measure the separation on the rails?

Any other ideas? I don't weld but am quite happy to re-drill a bracket that is large enough but with not-quite-right spacing.

Thanks,

George

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I bought a 23zero peregrine awning to put on my Wrangler JL with a Gobi Stealth rack. Unfortunately the brackets that came with it won't fit on the Gobi (the horizontal part of the bracket wont fit between the side rails of the Gobi basket.

Gobi makes a Foxwing/Batwing bracket that looks like it /might/ be a good fit but getting an answer from Gobi on the spacing of the holes to see whether or not they'd accomodate the peregrine (whose tracks are 4.25" center-to-center) is very difficult. Called, got sent to email, no response from Gobi in days. Unfortunately, my experience in ordering my rack was similar, Gobi is hella non-responsive. 23zero was similarly not-helpful ('foxwing brackets might work, let us know').

I also (just today) have a mail into the Gzila folks to see if there brackets are tall enough to support an awning with a 4.25" rail spacing.

Does anyone here have a foxwing handy and could measure the separation on the rails?

Any other ideas? I don't weld but am quite happy to re-drill a bracket that is large enough but with not-quite-right spacing.

Thanks,

George
Can you post some photos? It would be much easier to offer some possible suggestions if we could see some pictures. The 23 Zero brackets I have can be used in two ways with my rack (not a Gobi). Either use the provided u-bolts or flip the bracket, drill through the rackbars and use single bolts. I chose not to drill through my rack bars on my trailer.