Rank II

Enthusiast I

Salt Lake County, UT, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Back in June, I purchased my first new vehicle in the form of a 2023 Honda Ridgeline in Sonic Gray Pearl. While possibly not the best platform for an off-road and overland truck, I am admittedly somewhat attracted to vehicles that are a bit against the grain. Test driving the Ridgeline for the first time convinced me it was the vehicle to go with. It has honestly been one of the smoothest driving and likely quietest trucks I have driven.
I have always wanted to build out a vehicle for overlanding, but noticed I tended to enjoy trails on the easier side that allow me to just mostly cruise and enjoy the scenery and trip. I chose the Ridgeline for it's smooth driving on road, and for the praise I heard of the Honda I-VTM4 AWS system. Since my intent is to use the vehicle for daily driving, softroading, camping, and snow communiting...I felt the Ridgeline fit my desires perfectly.

Here it is the day I took it home.

Attachments

Reactions: Ram_Guy

Zwarycz

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Moore
Member #

The first modifications done to the vehicle included a 2" lift and several modifications to the aesthetics of the vehicle. The 2" lift has been great thusfar and has done nothing to change the ride of the vehicle thusfar. Hopefully that remains the case as time and mileage increases.

For aesthetics, fender flares, door visors, blackout badges, and a new grill were added that I believe takes the look of a truck to a new level.

Attachments

Zwarycz

Rank II

Enthusiast I

First Name
Chris
Last Name
Moore
Member #

Finally, and as the truck currently sits, I added 245/70r17 Falken Rubitrek A/T tires that I feel I got a great deal on from Sam's Club. The 245/70r17 are about 1" larger than the stock 245/60r18 Firestone's that were replaced. The wheels ride on new 17" KMC Bully's. Overall, there has been no change to the smoothness of the ride at all, which I am extremely happy with. The only change, has been a slight increase in noise from the tires, but even that is barely noticeable.

Here is the truck as it sits now, waiting for further modifications. I plan on adding skid plates, auxiliary lighting, possibly a tonneau cover, a BillieBars rack, and likely other mods as I go.

Attachments

Last edited: