Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

I ordered my Power Wagon back in Feb of 2022 and it showed up the end of May. This won't be my first build but will certainly be my most expensive. I will show a few of the rigs I have built up in the last 10 years first and then get into more pictures and details of this build. First is a 2001 Jeep XJ I picked at a auction. This is my most capable ride so far with front and rear lockers, skids, lifts etc. Second a 2012 GMC single cab short bed. I added a Kodiak truck tent to this one and the tent will be going on the Power Wagon making it The Covered Wagon. 2001 Durango with a 360 and mild lift. It was a auction purchase also and turned out to be Government model so only 2 seats with heavy duty everything and full skids. It is great for solo camping and is plenty long with seats folded to sleep in back. I also have a 2000 WJ jeep, 2001 Dakota that I have used for overlanding.DSCN2787.JPGIMG_1942.JPGDSC05039.JPG

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

First up on the PW was to increase tire size from 33 to 35. I chose not to go to 37 even though with the new wheels and offset I could. I feel like I loose too much power and gas mileage if I did. I am building this for a capable overlander and not interested in being a rock crawler. I went with Goodyear Duratracs and Raceline wheels from CJC off road. CJC has the e3xclusive for this wheel and it has a +20 offset so you cou ld run 37s if desired. IMG_7328 (2).JPG

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Next i added some Icky concepts Molle panels inside the truck bed. They sit out just far enough from the bed that I can put shovels, small rotopaks, tarps etc. behind them giving me double the space of most Molle panels I have seen. I can carry 5 rotopaks on panels inside the bed and a couple of smaller water rotopaks on the backside. I also have room for all my recovery gear while still keeping most of the bed usable. I have a heavy duty rubber matt on the floor of the bed and like to put the matt trax boards under it. They take up too much space IMO when people put them on the panels or bed bars. IMG_7313 (1).JPGIMG_7350.JPG

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

I have used this drawer/platform system on my last 3 pickups. I use the front slot in the bed and the fender well slots to slide some 2x8 or 2x10s. These then hold some 3/4 inch wafer board for a sleeping platform. Under the sleeping platform I have made a 4 foot by 6 foot drawer that use 4 wheels that I have mounted that give the drawer a 1/2 inch clearance . The drawer rolls out from under sleeping platform. On the closest end of the drawer I have a board built up to provide support for the tailgate end of the platform. On previous builds this would allow me to use a inflatable queen size air bed. In the large drawer I use several water tight bins to hold everything. I put a thick moving blanket over the platform before inflating the mattress. A Kodiak canvas tent uses the tailgate and a center mounted support bracket to give the tent structure. When traveling and it is all broke down it is kept dust free from a soft trifold cover. The picture of my GMC with the canvas tent will give you a idea of the overall look.IMG_7356.JPGIMG_7353.JPGIMG_1945.JPG

Reactions: Mekcanix

Contributor III

usa
First Name
Christina
Last Name
Potts
I ordered my Power Wagon back in Feb of 2022 and it showed up the end of May. This won't be my first build but will certainly be my most expensive. I will show a few of the rigs I have built up in the last 10 years first and then get into more pictures and details of this build. First is a 2001 Jeep XJ I picked at a auction. This is my most capable ride so far with front and rear lockers, skids, lifts etc. Second a 2012 GMC single cab short bed. I added a Kodiak truck tent to this one and the tent will be going on the Power Wagon making it The Covered Wagon. 2001 Durango with a 360 and mild lift. It was a auction purchase also and turned out to be Government model so only 2 seats with heavy duty everything and full skids. It is great for solo camping and is plenty long with seats folded to sleep in back. I also have a 2000 WJ jeep, 2001 Dakota that I have used for overlanding.View attachment 240839View attachment 240840View attachment 240841
Nice one, I love it.

Last edited:

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

The bed tent setup for the power wagon.IMG_9957.JPG

P8trit

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Montana
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Campbell
Nice upgrade! You'll love the tent and how simple it makes camping. Nice choice in truck, I went Rebel CTD in olive for my build and I'm on the fence still on going 37's or 35. So many factors just make my head spin. lol

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Good choice on the Rebel CTD. lots of capability there.

Reactions: P8trit

Soapy

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

USA
First Name
Frank
Last Name
Gray
Member #

Added a few more mods. 200 watt CIGS flexible glue down solar panel to top of RTT. Added some Tslot rails to the mid cross bars to hold 2 roto paks per side. Added tslot rails for the smaller Jet Sleds to ride on inside bed with quick detach pins. Added rear Putco brake and back up light for the third brake light. Added the Mopar rear trailer camera setup to the back of the bed rack for clear rear view while driving and backing up. Roofnest 270 degree awning.DSC07654.JPGDSC07656.JPGDSC07651.JPGDSC07647.JPG