Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Just called, and they do not have any firewood for sale. Like I said before, there should be a bunch on the ground that we can collect. @Luinil Explorations and I will be bringing some from home as well.
I’ll pick up a bundle today as well… just figured it would be easier down there instead of up here.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Thanks to everyone who came out!

We had a great time, and it was wonderful meeting @rstedy32 and his girlfriend, @dansun86 and his kids. We also had @David H and his daughter, @Luinil Explorations, @M Rose, myself, and my wife and daughter.

On Saturday, @rstedy32 went and explored looking for a possible path across the river. We ultimately didn't find one, and explored a road that had a couple of technical challenges that we ended up having to tackle during a pretty heavy rain storm.

On Sunday, we explored down the river, and ended up on a very narrow shelf road that dead ended. We managed to get turned around, and decided to go up a road that turned into a very steep loose hill climb of about 40-45 degrees. Of course, since I was in front, I ended up going first, which was not fun, bit made it up with no drama so to speak (other than my wife pooping bricks the whole time, but honestly, I was too a little bit.

On the way back to camp, we stopped and checked out an old harvester, a shack/lean-to, and an old army truck that's buried up to the frame.

On the way out, we had to descend down a very slick, mud covered windy road with a wall on one side, and a drop off on the other.

All in all a great weekend of exploring, and camping.

I cant wait to do it again next year!

Last edited:

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
I'll be posting my review in three parts.

Chava and I had a great time. I had been sick Wednesday-Friday and only started feeling better Saturday noon, when we decided to head off to adventure. I only got the last hour of my drive saved, so I guess it makes editing a lot easier... :-)

Here's Day1 of our Memorial Day Adventure into Mordor (S/E Oregon)...

2022 Memorial Day Adventure - Day 1

• Love
Reactions: Ubiety

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
I'll be posting my review in three parts.

Chava and I had a great time. I had been sick Wednesday-Friday and only started feeling better Saturday noon, when we decided to head off to adventure. I only got the last hour of my drive saved, so I guess it makes editing a lot easier... :-)

Here's Day1 of our Memorial Day Adventure into Mordor (S/E Oregon)...

2022 Memorial Day Adventure - Day 1
Awesome! Thanks for putting the video together! Chava is a cutie ;)

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Thank you to everyone who came this year. It was great seeing old friends and making new ones. A huge shout out to @reaver for putting this trip together and for driving all the way up here to La Grande to pick me up and take me home. I had an excellent time.

I am working on stitching my video together. And going through all the pictures I took. I should have something to post in the next few days.

Reactions: Ubiety and reaver

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Am getting somewhat caught up with my video backlog. I hope it brings back fond memories. Ann and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting all of you.

It was great meeting you and Ann. Hopefully next time we see each other my Bronco will be on the road.

Reactions: David H

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
Am getting somewhat caught up with my video backlog. I hope it brings back fond memories. Ann and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting all of you.

Great video Larrie and Ann. Can't wait for you two to join us on future adventures...

Reactions: M Rose and reaver

David H

Local Expert Southern ID

Traveler III

Boise, ID, 83713 USA
First Name
David
Last Name
Hopkins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRKQ684
Service Branch
U.S.A.F.
You sent a picture to Liana, but not me? I'm insulted!!

Also, that looks REALLY good.
Liana is nicer... :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:. Really - I just added it to our last texts so it must have come from Liana's phone. You have so many phones - I'm jealous...