Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
Hey guys, just wanted to start a thread to document my build. I am coming from a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (username change in process) but really needed a truck again and decided to stay in the midsize platform. Overall I am really impressed with the job Nissan did on the new Frontier. 2 days after purchase I took her out for a 1200 road trip down for work, and it was awesome. Plans for the build are still up in air, lots of decisions need to be made before I start ordering goodies. First thing I did was unbolt the steps from the rails...lol. Next I will be swapping my radio and lights from prior rig.

20220530_182532.jpg20220530_155305.jpg

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Love the color. I too think Nissan did a REALLY good job with the redesign. I have no interest in replacing my 2013 Pro-4x, but man, that's a good looking rig. Following to see what you do with it.

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
Love the color. I too think Nissan did a REALLY good job with the redesign. I have no interest in replacing my 2013 Pro-4x, but man, that's a good looking rig. Following to see what you do with it.
Thanks and I agree, I originally wanted the Baja Storm but after seeing this color in person it was an easy choice.

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
First mod, I installed the 285/70-17 BFG All-terrains that we took off my wife's JLUR. Suprisingly they fit stock, I will need to test then flexed out like in the pics above to verify there is no rubbing under articulation but under normal driving so far so good.

20220703_131835.jpg

20220703_134802.jpg

eriefisher

Rank III

Advocate I

Southern Ontario, Canada
First Name
Dan
Last Name
LaForme
I've looked at them briefly. It's about time to move from my 14 Titan. The only thing putting me off is no long bed option. I still need my truck for other things. At least the ones I looked at all had very short boxes.

ravend3

Rank I

Enthusiast I

United Kingdom
First Name
Zack
Last Name
Grippo
Service Branch
USAF
I love the new frontier! Going to be following this build can't wait to see where you take it.

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
Got some time to get a little work done this weekend. Order Rough Country ditch light brakcets (not many options right now) with their flood pattern pods along with my amber lights I took off my xterra. Used an Auxbeam 8 circuit controller.

20220819_161155.jpg

20220819_161208.jpg

20220819_161123.jpg

20220820_052426.jpg

20220820_052413.jpg

Next up will by my Midland GMRS before our camping/wheeling trip in September.

DavidLaplante

Rank I

Contributor III

US
First Name
David
Last Name
Laplante
Hey guys, just wanted to start a thread to document my build. I am coming from a Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (username change in process) but really needed a truck again and decided to stay in the midsize platform. Overall I am really impressed with the job Nissan did on the new Frontier. 2 days after purchase I took her out for a 1200 road trip down for work, and it was awesome. Plans for the build are still up in air, lots of decisions need to be made before I start ordering goodies. First thing I did was unbolt the steps from the rails...lol. Next I will be swapping my radio and lights from prior rig.

View attachment 233318View attachment 233319

My favourite. We appreciate you sharing it with us. A dissertation may I purchase online? And you would prefer that if you Dissertation Order, it should only be done so through a professional. Therefore, I'll provide you the greatest advise so that you can easily and stress-free finish all of your jobs. You can also rest soundly at night. You can use the link I provided to help you resolve your issue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boulder_Pro4x

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
So took a trip with wifey to Anthracite Offroad Adventure Area and did some camping and wheeling. First time truck really stretched its legs and it did great.20220924_102509.jpgFB_IMG_1664208272997.jpg20220924_114917.jpg

Reactions: Arailt

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
Next up:

-Just ordered All Dogs Offroad Koni 82 series kits with their loaded UCA and add-a-leaf
-Sport bar is for sale to make room for and fund a bed rack.

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
Order a Overland Vehicle Systems bed rack. I really wanted it because of the adjustability. I've never owned a bed rack before so this rack will allow me to play with the height until I find what works best. I also ordered one of their 117qt dry storage boxes that I will mount on top. Has no desire for a roof top tent right now.

1665076964098.png

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
Rack is installed, I really like the idea of being able to adjust the height. I can put it right where I want it. Overall pretty happy with the quality. It is rock solid and being aluminum I dont have to worry about rust. I got my box where I want it. Waiting on some t-slot hardware to show up and then I will get it mounted down. Now I have to order a basket I am going to put on the other side up top to throw tent, duffels, etc in.

20221014_095158.jpg

20221017_172740.jpg

20221017_170647.jpg

20221017_170605.jpg

Reactions: SkunkedGorilla

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
I still need to figure out what to mount on the sides? Any ideas?

I am trying really hard to build this as "purpose built" as possible and not just buy sh*t and throw it on there cause it looks cool.

P.S. I will be installing the lift this weekend!!

20221014_064605.jpg

20221014_064556.jpg

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

Awesome truck and build, I REALLY like the new Frontier and obviously I like the Pro-4X the best. I picked a gen 2 Xterra Pro-4X recently as a daily and alternate camping vehicle when my whole D'max/FWC setup is overkill (and because my WJ is now a year+ into a motor swap) and I honestly really like it.

-TJ

Reactions: DintDobbs

Boulder_Pro4x

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Maryland, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Doged
Awesome truck and build, I REALLY like the new Frontier and obviously I like the Pro-4X the best. I picked a gen 2 Xterra Pro-4X recently as a daily and alternate camping vehicle when my whole D'max/FWC setup is overkill (and because my WJ is now a year+ into a motor swap) and I honestly really like it.

-TJ
Thanks! and yeah I have had a 1st gen Titan, 2nd gen Titan, 2nd gen Xterra and now this and something about nissans keep pulling me back in. I enjoy them.

Reactions: Shokaract and tjZ06