Rank I

Enthusiast I

Fairfax, VA
First Name
Bach
Last Name
Duong
Hey Folks,

Starting up a build thread of my first truck I picked up back in August of last year. The stars aligned and I was able to get a great deal so pulled the trigger on a 21' Chevy Silverado 1500 3.0L Duramax. I have plans of traveling cross country to mountain bike (has great mpg for a truck) and I have a project E30 that I plan on towing to the track. I ended up taking it from VA to CO with a couple buddies to mountain bike and hike a couple weeks after I got it and it was a fantastic cross country vehicle.

Here was the weekend after I brought it home and some cross country pictures (yup that's 10 bikes and 10 people lol):
IMG_8382.jpg
IMG_8797.jpgIMG_9108.jpg

Mods Right Now:
- Stock 2021 Chevy Silverado 1500 RST Crew Cap, 3.0L I6 Duramax
- Softopper Truck top
- Rexing Dash Cam Front and Rear
- Putco Blade Tailgate LED lightbar (Lost the 3rd brake light due to the softopper and northern VA drivers don't pay attention)
- Method NV305 in Bronze 17x8.5 +0 offset
- BFG K02 A/T, 275/70/r17
- Random halogen to LED bulb upgrades on the exterior
- Tailgate Pad/1up bike rack

Future Plans (in no particular order):
- Banks Pedal Monster (to kill the throttle lag)
- Build a removable sleeping bed frame/under storage for the truck bed
- DIY a onboard air system for airing up but also for bikes/tools
- Bilstein 6112/5160 kit
- Piecing together needed items for a recovery kit (will 100% take ideas/recommendations)
- Some sort of pod/ditch light set up
- Looking for a roof rack solution for this truck (to mount awnings and such)
- Make truck better for overland/overnight bike adventures

IMG_9802.JPGImage from iOS1.jpg

Feel free to leave recommendations and maybe photos of your rigs too. Definitely will take inspiration/wisdom

monjorrow

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

US
The 3.0L is a great motor, you should be seeing 30+mpg on the highway if driving conservatively. The T1s are very capable trucks in stock form, my advice is to just get out and use it.
My '18 Silverado on a mountain biking trip from Nashville to Sedona

Binema

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Fairfax, VA
First Name
Bach
Last Name
Duong
The 3.0L is a great motor, you should be seeing 30+mpg on the highway if driving conservatively. The T1s are very capable trucks in stock form, my advice is to just get out and use it.
My '18 Silverado on a mountain biking trip from Nashville to Sedona
Dude that tip must've been a blast! Any trails or parks that you hit on the way or there? Can't wait for the spring/summer for wheeling and mtb trips.
I got around 27/28mpg on my way out to CO, drops a fair bit going over 75mph though, now with the 33's im getting 25/26 highway. Still a whole lot better than my Passat I had before this.

Funny you say, I actually was able to get out to one of local trails (Flagpole Knob) yesterday. Even with the sketchy ice/trail conditions, just with a Z71 and some ATs this thing had me impressed! Can't say I'll do it again in those conditions but sure was an adventure. All things considered it was a blast

Some pics of the ride yeserday:
IMG_9965.HEIC.jpg2D33171D-2D72-4AFD-9DCA-04C8337A02CD.jpgIMG_9966.HEIC.jpg

IMG_9985.HEIC.jpgIMG_9993.HEIC.jpgIMG_9992.HEIC.jpg