• HTML tutorial

Advocate I

Owen Sound, Ontario, Canada
First Name
James
Last Name
Girard
Member #

I am hoping to be able to do something like this during the summer. This would be the highway stretch to get to several trails I know and then likely another 100km + all offroad ( which I havnt had the chance to map out yet) to get to scenic off grid camp sites. I did something like this last ear but it was rushed and wasn't and there are a few spots I would change. 20210116_083833.jpg
The only problem with this route is that I need to use my "rock crawler" instead of the daily/overlander to get into the sites. The crawler only has 2 seats and I doubt my wife will want to come with on a trip like that, which leaves her and the kid at home. Also in the middle of purchasing a new home for the family so fuel costs and time away are going to be at a premium lmao.

Steve_ohhhhh

Local Expert, QLD Australia

Influencer I

Redbank Queensland, Australia
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

I am hoping to be able to do something like this during the summer. This would be the highway stretch to get to several trails I know and then likely another 100km + all offroad ( which I havnt had the chance to map out yet) to get to scenic off grid camp sites. I did something like this last ear but it was rushed and wasn't and there are a few spots I would change. View attachment 192922
The only problem with this route is that I need to use my "rock crawler" instead of the daily/overlander to get into the sites. The crawler only has 2 seats and I doubt my wife will want to come with on a trip like that, which leaves her and the kid at home. Also in the middle of purchasing a new home for the family so fuel costs and time away are going to be at a premium lmao.
I'm sure it will still be a fun trip.

Reactions: Red_Leaf_Overland

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

2021 Plans so far is a trip to Fraser Island in Apr/May, followed by a week long snow trip across the Kosciuszko National Park in July.

First trip we will be heading north to spend 8 glorious days on the Great Sandy Island.
Meeting a few lads in Goulburn, travel up to just outside Nambucca heads for the night, then off to Inskip for night 2 with the next morning at O dark hundred boarding the barge across to the Island.

planner.JPG

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

2021 Plans so far is a trip to Fraser Island in Apr/May, followed by a week long snow trip across the Kosciuszko National Park in July.

First trip we will be heading north to spend 8 glorious days on the Great Sandy Island.
Meeting a few lads in Goulburn, travel up to just outside Nambucca heads for the night, then off to Inskip for night 2 with the next morning at O dark hundred boarding the barge across to the Island.

View attachment 194087
Heck yeah that's heaps of adventure to be had. Fraser is great. I'm hoping to get over next year.

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

yep, COVID changed our plans last year. We invested in the backyard instead and the Square Drop stayed in the garage. Yesterday it got pulled out. Today the dirt for the gardens got delivered. Thankfully I do the heavy work, the wifes green thumb will be buzy all summer and
I will be overlanding.

where...... likely within the 100 mile rule since COVID is far from being erradicated or controlled. I'm happy to explore my backyard. Avoid non essential travel.
Keep that travel bubble small.. Get out, enjoy, be safe eh

IMG_0648.jpeg

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

yep, COVID changed our plans last year. We invested in the backyard instead and the Square Drop stayed in the garage. Yesterday it got pulled out. Today the dirt for the gardens got delivered. Thankfully I do the heavy work, the wifes green thumb will be buzy all summer and
I will be overlanding.

where...... likely within the 100 mile rule since COVID is far from being erradicated or controlled. I'm happy to explore my backyard. Avoid non essential travel.
Keep that travel bubble small.. Get out, enjoy, be safe eh

View attachment 194086
Sounds like a great plan.

OVRLNDCBR

Rank V

Advocate I

Canberra ACT, Australia
First Name
Jarrad
Last Name
Horne
Member #

View attachment 194522
Well... this year hopefully, we will get to do a Trackless Desert Crossing Trip but also take in the Gawler Rges; Googs Track before tackling the desert to find the Geo-Ctr of the desert.... providing the borders remain open... From my calls distance will be around the 9400kms mark...
Looks like a great trip, how long you taking to complete it?

Reactions: Steve_ohhhhh

Steve_ohhhhh

Influencer I

First Name
Steven
Last Name
Jappe
Member #

View attachment 194522
Well... this year hopefully, we will get to do a Trackless Desert Crossing Trip but also take in the Gawler Rges; Googs Track before tackling the desert to find the Geo-Ctr of the desert.... providing the borders remain open... From my calls distance will be around the 9400kms mark...
Now that sounds like an epic adventure mate

Reactions: RobMac

Alanymarce

Rank IV

Trail Mechanic III

Colombia
Envious....

We're looking at completing vaccinations by October .........................2022!

Local trips around the country still viable though - we've done some trips into the coffee country, high sierras, and páramos so far.

Hoping to be in Argentina, assuming that the quarantine restrictions make it viable, at year-end. Let's see.