First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Rig Name: Pilgrim, my Retirement Adventure Vehicle
Ford Bronco OBX, 4DR, A51, 2.3L/Auto, High Package, Soft Top, 4.27 Locking Rear Diff, Auxiliary Switches, Floor & Cargo Liners
This will be my daily driver/adventure/retirement vehicle.
Immediate Goals: leave stock for now, gather essential items such as recovery & camping equipment, hit the trails and learn the vehicle.
Intermediate Goals: upgrade the rig to enhance both daily driving and trail capability/durability.
Long Term Goals: drive the TransAmerica Trail and enjoy my Bronco into retirement.
Below are a few pics of Pilgrim in its stock configuration.
I will update this thread as my build progresses to share and hopefully learn from many of you.

Overdue Update 3/7/2023:
So, 18+ months and 20K+ miles later I thought I would share an update.
Bottom Line Up Front: this is a great daily driver and ridiculously fun and capable off-road for my needs/plans, even without the Sasquatch package.
Originally I wanted the Black Diamond for its utilitarian approach but I also wanted the tech which required a higher trim level. Given the parts shortages, etc. I opted for the Outer Banks Trim with plans to build it into a "Utilitarian Bronco Mashup". My design and capability inspirations very from the early 1900 touring cars, to the late 1900 LR Defender 110's, to the First Generation Broncos and International Scouts.
Use: I daily this with a smile on my face every day! I drive trails in the NW Florida area and it just goes; plenty of sand, some mud and no rock crawling.
Reliability: No problems other than replacement of Front Drive Shaft which was a recall.
Immediate Goals: I am transitioning now to my intermediate goals having satisfied my immediate goal with my Bronco. The plan was slow and steady to learn the vehicle and not break the bank.
Changes to Date: 12/21 - Added Badlands stock wheel/tire take offs (285/70/R17 KO2's), 67 Designs Full Size Broncorail dash device, Mabett Rear Seat Covers, Ford Bronco Swing-gate Fold down Table, Black Diamond Steel Wheels, Traded the painted fender flares for unpainted molded in color non-sasquatch fender flares.
Intermediate Goals: Near future it will be a few aesthetic upgrades such as Black Diamond grill swap, Badlands mirror caps or wrapping current ones. Then I plan to shift my focus more to capability with skid plates, small suspension lift and 35" pizza cutters when these KO2's need replacement, tailgate reinforcement, etc.
I will add a few pics below to show progress. Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions. Gotta love the modularity of this new Bronco!
IMG_1484.jpeg
IMG_1477.jpegIMG_1731.jpegIMG_1789.jpegIMG_3315.jpegIMG_3321.jpeg

Last edited:

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Oh yeah! Can you do me a HUGE favor and get some pics of your alternator for me? I'm hoping that it's a sealed unit that can be adapted to fit my 2.3 Ranger!

Reactions: ChapEJF

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Nice photoshop. It almost looks like you’re with a real vehicle, instead of vaporware.

Reactions: AggieOE

ChapEJF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Fort Walton Beach, FL, USA
First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Nice photoshop. It almost looks like you’re with a real vehicle, instead of vaporware.
Well, not sure why you would imply that I am lying. You have the right to believe what you want, but clearly this is not the thread for you.

D

Deleted member 14476

Well, not sure why you would imply that I am lying. You have the right to believe what you want, but clearly this is not the thread for you.
I think he was just messing around and making a joke about the Bronco delays. I don’t think he actually meant that it was photoshopped lol

ChapEJF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I think he was just messing around and making a joke about the Bronco delays. I don’t think he actually meant that it was photoshopped lol
No doubt he was, but most people would have also qualified their statement by writing something like, "Congrats" or "Just kidding."

Reactions: MazeVX

Sparksalot

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer III

Bastrop County, TX, USA
First Name
Rex
Last Name
Drake
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5GH
Service Branch
Air Force
Lighten up Francis. :screamcat:

I ordered one in January. Nothing but excuses since. I’m not believing Ford has much intention to deliver any production model.

ChapEJF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Lighten up Francis. :screamcat:

I ordered one in January. Nothing but excuses since. I’m not believing Ford has much intention to deliver any production model.
Got it, and your comment did get under my skin a little. Nothing personal and I hope your Bronco arrives sooner rather than later. I am well acquainted with the fiasco of this rollout, but I surely have no desire or ability to explain Ford's intentions. Not sure what you mean by, "not believing Ford has much intention to deliver any production model."

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Congratulations to your Bronco / unicorn!

Not sure though but I was told that non sasquatch softtop broncos would be delivered short term whilst everything with hardtop or sasquatch is imported directly from Mars... ;-)

ChapEJF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Congratulations to your Bronco / unicorn!

Not sure though but I was told that non sasquatch softtop broncos would be delivered short term whilst everything with hardtop or sasquatch is imported directly from Mars... ;-)
Thanks and yes the hard tops and Sasquatch to a lesser degree are limited for now. Ford is a massive company and I expect that they will bring things online soon. Jim Farley the CEO has even hinted that they might start opening the Bronco to Europe and other global markets. Not really surprising and I am happy to be a Beta tester.

Reactions: MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Thanks and yes the hard tops and Sasquatch to a lesser degree are limited for now. Ford is a massive company and I expect that they will bring things online soon. Jim Farley the CEO has even hinted that they might start opening the Bronco to Europe and other global markets. Not really surprising and I am happy to be a Beta tester.
I'm sure they get that sorted and we are hoping it to! Since it's based on the ranger platform and the engines are approved here anyway it would make sense to sell it over here as there is no competitor other than the wrangler. And the wrangler currently lacks in engine options.

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Sorry for the delay. Pics sent in DM. Hope this helps.
Thank you for sending those and unfortunately, that confirms something bad for me that you may want to pay attention to yourself!

Our (my Ranger and your Bronco's) alternators are mounted VERY low on the motor, and are subject to becoming submerged on creek crossings or when traversing deeper mud. Several Ranger owners have suffered alternator failure after creek crossings and it seems there is no rhyme or reason as to why, other than water/dirt/mud making their way into them. I personally have done a handful of water crossings with mine, and had no issue. On the last trip I did, I went into the water without issues but a Ranger a couple of vehicles behind me ended up with a damaged alternator.

So, just be careful!

I was really hoping for a sealed unit!

ChapEJF

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

First Name
Everett
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Thank you for sending those and unfortunately, that confirms something bad for me that you may want to pay attention to yourself!

Our (my Ranger and your Bronco's) alternators are mounted VERY low on the motor, and are subject to becoming submerged on creek crossings or when traversing deeper mud. Several Ranger owners have suffered alternator failure after creek crossings and it seems there is no rhyme or reason as to why, other than water/dirt/mud making their way into them. I personally have done a handful of water crossings with mine, and had no issue. On the last trip I did, I went into the water without issues but a Ranger a couple of vehicles behind me ended up with a damaged alternator.

So, just be careful!

I was really hoping for a sealed unit!
Thanks for the heads up and I will keep an eye out. I find this interesting with the water fording depth of more than 30". Of course I do not plan on heading into water that deep.

Reactions: GLOCKer