Newbury Park, Thousand Oaks, CA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Fletcher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6LHU
Saw a Bronco on display at the Moab 4x4 Expo today. Looks like a very cool platform. Here are a couple of shots.

Attachments

Last edited:

El-Dracho

Ambassador, Europe
Supporter
Investor

Inventor I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
DO3BE
The new Bronco looks like a good basis for building an awesome overlanding rig! Really like what I have seen so far about this vehicle.

Reactions: srotier and MazeVX

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

It's so great, probably the perfect combination of things for me!
I only hoped there would have been a option for different rear doors, more like a barn door in the back instead of the tailgate and window.
But other than that it's absolutely fantastic!

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Its kind of funny. They literally have taken everything that we as overlanders/campers/offroaders have created over the past 10 years or so... and put it in a utilitarian, mass market rig. Jeep did the same thing when they came out with the JL. They took tons of products and ideas form the aftermarket of the JK platform and put it into the JL.

Reactions: srotier and RickLB

PDB

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Wales, UK
First Name
PD
Last Name
B
Member #

Yeah. Funny how all the hate for independent front and solid rear turned into love with this one. Great combination for overlanding. Never was a fan of head toss and the wander of recirculating ball. Great they designed in 35" tyres.

Reactions: srotier and MazeVX

Padams7

Rank V
Investor

Advocate II

First Name
Phillip
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I have a Bronco Reservation - I’ve been through build and price, settled on a build and color/accent color.

I have a 2012 Wrangler, and before I was a member here I’d did some off roading, back roading and slept in the Jeep (down by the river). I got more and more interested over the last year and found these YouTube channels and learn more as I plan my next adventure.

I also like unique customization, having had a 65 Mustang Coupe GT350 clone, a 76 Mustang done up like a 77 Monroe Handler, and all other sorts of cars, I’m really going to take on my Overland Bound membership number. I’m going to do a budget hard shell RTT, outfit it with everything I need to travel from Florida, to Big Bend, TX, Tombstone, Prescott, Sedona AZ, the on through Santa Fe, Amarillo, Palo Duro Canyon, and home summer 2022. I can’t wait to share photos of the rig as I build it, and of my first major travel with it!

RamBound

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Wisconsin, USA
First Name
Joshua
Last Name
Besch
Member #

The Bronco Rig looks amazing and truth be told, I have my reservation in, but does anyone have any concern for storage capacity on these as an overland rig?

As I look at the numbers they compare directly to a Jeep , But if your goal is to utilize it mainly for a daily driver and overland rig (not rock crawling) then is a 4Runner or Truck Platform a better way to go?

That Area 51 Color is Very Nice...Thanks for the Pics.

Reactions: srotier

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
The Bronco Rig looks amazing and truth be told, I have my reservation in, but does anyone have any concern for storage capacity on these as an overland rig?
concerns for cargo capacity.... yup, that was the only feature I didn’t like about the new Bronco.... disliked it so much I decided it was better to build out my FSB instead of switching to a MSB (FSB=Full Sized Bronco; MSB=Micro Sized Bronco)

Reactions: RamBound

Boucher

Rank V

Member II

Maidens, VA, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Boucher
Member #

Service Branch
Retired USN
My brother test drove one the other day from a dealer in Dallas, dunno what version it was but they called him based on his pristine 1996 original owner FSB he has, they are always trying to buy it. He wasn't impressed called it a sup'd up ford escape

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
My brother test drove one the other day from a dealer in Dallas, dunno what version it was but they called him based on his pristine 1996 original owner FSB he has, they are always trying to buy it. He wasn't impressed called it a sup'd up ford escape
That would be the Bronco Sport... it’s built on the escape platform... the Big Bronco (as Ford calls it) is built on the 2019 Ranger platform.

Reactions: srotier

Shokgoblr

Rank III
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

PA, USA
First Name
Shok
Last Name
Goblr
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign