Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saginaw, MI, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Smith
Member #

I bought this 2021 Colorado 4x4 WT last year in the fall. I was not planning this with the vehicle at all. I received a promotion at work, along with that promotion came a company truck. Now I knew the truck was just gonna sit that's when I looked at my wife and said let's take this blessing and build our dream overland rig. I'm new to the overland segment, I have been wheeling all my life though. Let me know what you folks think of this dream build

Attachments

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Yes, more Colorados!
There are plenty of us here but the interest in the Colorado has fallen since the introduction of competitors new models. Even chevy got tired of no one buying the diesel and has discontinued it.
I still have people when they figure out my truck is a diesel tell me they didn't know they made them in diesel, of course most of them don't know what a snorkel is and have questions on that too.
I look for a duramax badge on every 2nd Gen I pass and I've seen maybe 8 others in the wild.

You'll either love it or hate it. And modifications can get expensive to bring it to the bison level or beyond.

Last edited:
Reactions: 93jason.smith

93jason.smith

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saginaw, MI, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Smith
Member #

It does get expensive to upgrade but that can be any vehicle depending on what your looking to get out of it. I'm only trail riding with it for now, upgrades to it will be long term. Rome was not built in a day. I personally love the Colorados great looking trucks.

TheBison

Rank V

Trail Blazer III

Hartsel, CO
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Foltz
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AA0BF / WRMI426
Service Branch
U.S. Army
We're on our 2nd current-generation Colorado so we're obviously hooked! We really haven't had much trouble finding mods and accessories we like, especially since the Colorado shares so many dimensions with the Tacoma.

nuclear_runner

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Arlington, VA
First Name
Wade
Last Name
Duvall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4DZZ
I bought this 2021 Colorado 4x4 WT last year in the fall. I was not planning this with the vehicle at all. I received a promotion at work, along with that promotion came a company truck. Now I knew the truck was just gonna sit that's when I looked at my wife and said let's take this blessing and build our dream overland rig. I'm new to the overland segment, I have been wheeling all my life though. Let me know what you folks think of this dream build
About to purchase a ZR2 Bison myself! What rack did you go with?

93jason.smith

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Saginaw, MI, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Smith
Member #

About to purchase a ZR2 Bison myself! What rack did you go with?
I went with a RCI Bed rack adjustable

WolfCamp Offroad

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Midland, Tx USA
First Name
Nicholas
Last Name
Steele
Member #

IMG_1674[1].jpgIMG_1744[1].jpgIMG_1763[1].jpgIMG_1693.jpg64072253268__972641AA-970D-4C4A-9EE2-F5AA26026D74.jpg

This is my 2019 Chevy Colorado ZR2 Duramax and my first couple of modifications.

so far I've placed this Front Runner Double Jerry Can holder in the bed of the truck along with some Quick Fist style mounts to hold an axe or Shovel also have the Expedition Essentials T slot mount coming for the inside so i can use my ram mounts.

( Guest staring my buddies Z71 duramax Colorado OB #19105)

Attachments

Reactions: dj_mccomas