Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I'm staying in BC this summer but planning on getting to the Caribou. I love living in the Kootenays but the high, open Caribou is inspiring country. Chilko and Tatlayoko Lake are goals. This will be true overlanding since this area has been turned over to Aboriginal control after years of court cases culminating in the Supreme Court of Canada a few years ago. It has been 25 years since my last trip there. It might be enlightening to see the changes in what was once known as Bracewells Wilderness.

We met Gerry Bracewell in 1995, it was like stepping back in time.

Always love learning more, here is a bit more about Gerry Bracewell

In 2016 she was awarded the Legacy award by the Guide Outfitters Association of B.C. as recognition for being the first female guide outfitter, the oldest guide outfitter still in business and for owning the longest running family guide outfitting business. The family business has been running since 1918.

I think she defines overlanding.
My wife compares her Audrey Hepburn and Barbara Stanwick altho others compare her to Annie Oakley.

Last edited:
Reactions: WAYAWAY and Road

pnwexplorer

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Olympia, WA
First Name
Hannah
Last Name
Lee
Member #

-Overland Expo Mountain West
-Northwest Overland Rally
-Oregon exploring Mt Hood - Bend - Crater Lake
-North Cascades
-BC around Whistler
-BC around Kamloops

Reactions: Sarge368

cruiserfien

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Mandeville, LA 70471
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Scott
Member #

Headed to Moab in March for a week then back in April for the TLCA Cruise Moab event. From the Cruise Moab event the 80 Series will head to Denver where it will be put in storage til the high country passes open up for the summer overland season. Hoping to make 4-6 trips this summer/fall.

Reactions: Trail_pilot

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
My wife and I are both retiring in the next month so we are hoping to really ramp up our travel. Our first goal is to attend Overland Expo West in Flagstaff. Following that we want to explore ghost towns of Montana as well as explore the Four Corners area. There is so much to see there. Some of the initial trips will be to figure out equipment as well as our pace of exploring.
Congratulations on the retirements. Now it's time to live!

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
My goals for the year include,
- Northwest Overland Rally
- Portion of the WABDR
- Cross the border into BC

I am headed to Michigan in a week for about 8 weeks, so I will finds dirt out there as well.
On my way back west I hope to spend some time on my property in Wyoming which always includes backroad exploration.

Reactions: Sarge368

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
MOORE Expo 2020 (Springfield, Mo)
Zion National Park
Bryce Canyon National Park
Arches National Park
Rendezvous in the Ozarks (Ozark, Ark.)

Reactions: PNW EXPLR

Relic6.3

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

North Carolina, USA
First Name
Pat
Last Name
Crowell
Member #

Feb - MOORE, Springfield MO
May - Overland Expo West, Flagstaff AZ (and whatever else might pop up while I am out that way) - Canceled due to COVID.
Jul/Aug - Maine for family reunion - Canceled due to COVID.
Aug - Overland Expo Mountain, Loveland CO (again whatever else might pop up) - Canceled due to COVID.
Oct - Overland Expo East, Arrington VA - Canceled due to COVID.

Weekend trips to Uhwarrie National Forest and Western North Carolina mountains. - Canceled due to COVID.

Wife is retiring end of March so hopefully we will be able to hit the open roads (and trails) to do some exploring. - Canceled due to... you get the idea.

Last edited:

Billiebob

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

earth
First Name
Bill
Last Name
William
Member #

I'm staying in BC this summer but planning on getting to the Caribou. I love living in the Kootenays but the high, open Caribou is inspiring country. Chilko and Tatlayoko Lake are goals. This will be true overlanding since this area has been turned over to Aboriginal control after years of court cases culminating in the Supreme Court of Canada a few years ago. It has been 25 years since my last trip there. It might be enlightening to see the changes in what was once known as Bracewells Wilderness.

We met Gerry Bracewell in 1995, it was like stepping back in time.

Always love learning more, here is a bit more about Gerry Bracewell

In 2016 she was awarded the Legacy award by the Guide Outfitters Association of B.C. as recognition for being the first female guide outfitter, the oldest guide outfitter still in business and for owning the longest running family guide outfitting business. The family business has been running since 1918.

I think she defines overlanding.
My wife compares her Audrey Hepburn and Barbara Stanwick altho others compare her to Annie Oakley.
Getting closer on this trip. I'll be at the BC Overland Rally June 26/27 and plan on visiting the Caribou the week following.

Last edited:

Sean's #1 Pop

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Phelan, CA, USA
First Name
Terry
Last Name
P
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6UEP
A week on Mogollon Rim coming up in late March. Starting in Payson and sliding east for a week. No real destination after the first night at Woods Canyon as long as we end back back in Phoenix for the AZ outdoor Expo.
April - Baker 2 Vegas run
May - Overland Expo West
June - week on the 395 to Alabama Hills, Convict and Rock Lake -- Maybe the Bristlecones -- depends on the weather -- again no real plans or reservations and no deadlines

Just 1 year + 8 months and I close a 38 year career....then the discovery trips get serious when I don't have to worry about being back to work on Monday!!!!!

JL Lou

Rank IV
Investor

Member III

Richland Wa
First Name
Lou
Last Name
Smith
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7ORV
Service Branch
US Navy
-Sedona
-NW Overland Rally
-Vlocanic area near Fort Rock OR
-Smith Rock State Park near Redmond OR
-Jeep Jamboree in Wallace ID
-Montana Trails
-Rubicon Trail
-As always, the Blue Mountains of WA state

Outdoordog

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Big Bear, CA, USA
First Name
Jino
Last Name
Hwang
Member #

Doing death valley in a week or two, trying to get a friend to get his schedule squared away.

In a month or two, planning a trip to Yellowstone park. Very excited for that.

Reactions: JL Lou

Roaming Huck

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Elaine
Last Name
Huck
Member #

Heading to the Rim this weekend. Just purchased Gaia maps, so ready to explore the rim area more in depth. Any good places of medium skill level for off roading ?

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

We went to moab in feb and since then we have done a bunch of little trips and we have a list of a few more for the year like cyote flats with friends, a few desert trips and in the sierras but I hope to pick up a new rzr and head back to moab in oct

billum v2.0

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Flyover Country
Member #

Heading to the Rim this weekend. Just purchased Gaia maps, so ready to explore the rim area more in depth. Any good places of medium skill level for off roading ?
If you subscribed to Gaia, take a look at Trails Offroad as well.

I've spend hours and hours manually building trails/entering waypoints, etc. on Gaia. Trails Offroad contains thousands of trails that others already built that directly download to Gaia in seconds. Among other features (difficulty ratings, detailed descriptions, photos taken at waypoint locations), there's a "nearby trails" tab that will take you to all other available trails within whatever radius you define from the trail you're currently on. Great feature.

Roaming Huck

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Elaine
Last Name
Huck
Member #

If you subscribed to Gaia, take a look at Trails Offroad as well.

I've spend hours and hours manually building trails/entering waypoints, etc. on Gaia. Trails Offroad contains thousands of trails that others already built that directly download to Gaia in seconds. Among other features (difficulty ratings, detailed descriptions, photos taken at waypoint locations), there's a "nearby trails" tab that will take you to all other available trails within whatever radius you define from the trail you're currently on. Great feature.
Thanks so much! That will be extremely helpful! Appreciate you sharing.