Rank II

Enthusiast I

Placerville, CA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

My Overland rig has to cart around a family of six. So I'm building a Sequoia for Overlanding. It's a TRD Pro so it came with some nice fox shocks. I wanted to add a minor lift and some bigger tires to give myself a little more ground clearance. So I went with a Westcott Designs lift. It's a collar lift that retains all the factory suspension. It allowed me to go from 275/65/18's to 295/70/18's. I'm keeping the stock TRD wheels. So far I'm liking the new lift. When fully loaded with family and gear, I'm getting some rear end sag. The TRD suspension is pretty soft. So, I'll need to address that rear end sag as I add things like a tire carrier, full size spare, roof rack, RTT etc.
wGUNEyXXQlSYpI26q0dElw.jpgUxeqJq0KSMiYWSGHyXSQAg.jpg

KRAZPILOT

Rank IV
Investor

Traveler III

Ruger Road, Prescott, Arizona 86301, United States
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Kunzmann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7RUK
Nice clean rig! This should be awesome for your family. Great choice of vehicle, I like the Sequoias. I encountered the same problem with the rear end of my X5 once loaded with gear. I’m sure someone makes an upgraded rear spring for the Sequoias, if not, and what I had to do, was go to Coil Spring Specialties (Coil Spring Specialties) and they made custom coils to my specs. I had them add 200 Lbs of carrying capacity to the rear springs and 60 Lbs to the front for the winch and extra batteries. They came about 4 weeks after, went in slick as snot and work beautifully!

Reactions: Cambo5150

wilderness4wd

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Tennessee, USA
First Name
Wilderness
Last Name
4WD
Hey Cambo, do you know if the 2021 TRD Pro comes with a full-size spare? (stock)

Edit: I just realized how old this thread was lol