2020 Toyota 4 Runner SR5 Premium ...looking to add a Lift!

• HTML tutorial

BHM Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Nettuno
Member #

Looking to lift 2”-3” with a full kit and UCA’s to help with alignment. Thought about Bilstein 5100’s or IKON Stage 2. I do have a RIG’d Supply Ultra Swing rear tire mount with camp table (this adds about 150 lbs to the hitch alone) and IKamper 2.0 (another 150 lbs on the roof). What has your experience been and what do you recommend? Do I need HD Springs to help with the additional weight for gear to raise the back end?

Last edited:

Matoolie

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Virginia
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Allen
Member #

I suggest also looking into Dobinsons. I have a 3”/2” lift and been very happy. They have different spring options based on extra weight. On the 4runner forum there is a massive thread in the 5th gen section with all the information and part descriptions. And the thread is watched by the owner of Dobinson USA he promptly responds to questions and is very helpful for the right setup for your needs.

Reactions: BHM Overland

BHM Overland

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Chelsea, AL, USA
First Name
Darren
Last Name
Nettuno
Member #

I suggest also looking into Dobinsons. I have a 3”/2” lift and been very happy. They have different spring options based on extra weight. On the 4runner forum there is a massive thread in the 5th gen section with all the information and part descriptions. And the thread is watched by the owner of Dobinson USA he promptly responds to questions and is very helpful for the right setup for your needs.
Thanks for the info! I will check out the other threads!

3Putt_Par

Rank I

Traveler I

Folsom, California, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Raley
Member #

I’m running Dobinsons ims with the stock spring rate with a Rigd ultra swing. There is no need to upgrade the spring rate for just the ultra swing with camp table and a 295/70/17 spare on it. I also have a bike rack and usually have 2 mountain bikes and the rear barely squats. I can not speak to the tent though. I would imagine it would be fine.

Attachments