Rank II

Contributor III

Chattanooga, TN, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Kizer
Member #

Just bought a new Silverado 1500. Daily driver but turning it into family overland vehicle. Changed the bumper (was a rst super low bumper) leveled the front end and doing lights this week. My question is is it necessary to lift right away? Not planning on technical off-road just trails to get to secluded spots out west.

Attachments

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Looks good! I didn’t do lift right away. Good thing I didn’t because I went with 35” tires and rims with an offset to go with my lift. Plus it’s probably good to go out and see what you think you might need as far as suspension.

Reactions: Theviking420

trail_runn4r

US Rocky Mtn. Local Expert. Colorado: Denver Area

Pathfinder III

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
Carlo
Last Name
Donzelli
Member #

Just bought a new Silverado 1500. Daily driver but turning it into family overland vehicle. Changed the bumper (was a rst super low bumper) leveled the front end and doing lights this week. My question is is it necessary to lift right away? Not planning on technical off-road just trails to get to secluded spots out west.
Your setup looks great already, no lift needed. I would go first with some A/T tires if after the few trips you feel you needed more traction/peace of mind.

Reactions: Theviking420