2020 Sahara Eco-Diesel Motor Mount Part Shortage?

• HTML tutorial

RETSTO

Rank III

Member II

Tampa
First Name
David
Last Name
Horwitz
Member #

Has anyone had problems with the motor mounts on the new 2020 Sahara Eco-Diesel? I am a new owner and was just told I needed a new motor mount. The dealership said it would take 2 weeks to get one. It was sold to me cracked apparently. Seems like a long time to wait but I am interested in knowing this might be a weak part in the new Sahara Eco-Diesel. Maybe that is why they didn't make enough to support unexpected demand?

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

It sounds like they under-engineered the passenger side mount for the prodigious torque of the EcoDiesel if it's already a common failure. 2 weeks IMHO doesn't sound too bad for the part, especially if it's drivable in the meantime (or they give you a reasonable loaner). But 2 weeks tell me it's probably not a re-engineered part, just a replacement. I suspect down the road there will be a TSB with an updated part, so I'd keep an eye out for that so you can get yours updated.

-TJ

Reactions: RETSTO

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Two things to consider:

There arent many of these out there yet so the potential issues are truly unknown.
2 weeks is probably a guesstimate. With Covid related delays, it may take more time.

MidOH

Rank IV

Off-Road Ranger I

Mid Ohio
First Name
John
Last Name
Clark
Ham/GMRS Callsign
YourHighness
If that's your only issue, then I'd be thankful and rock on.

IMO, I'd give them a free pass on something simple, but freaky like this.

RETSTO

Rank III

Member II

Tampa
First Name
David
Last Name
Horwitz
Member #

If that's your only issue, then I'd be thankful and rock on.

IMO, I'd give them a free pass on something simple, but freaky like this.
Sounds like you've had serious problems with your Wrangler in the past? :) I hear ya, but Jeep churns out hundreds if not thousands of JLU EcoDiesels during a production year. The motor mounts are at the assembly line but not at the distribution center? So the question of whether the part is breaking too often is relevant since there are no motor mounts at the distribution center. Its a fair question to ask. There might be a problem with the motor mount due to the extra weight (375lbs) of the diesel motor.

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

Againm their primary concern is churning out tons of vehicles, not supplying distribution with spares. In addition, Covid has everything slowed down.