2020 RAM 2500 do all rig AEV and GFC

• HTML tutorial

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
Sold my 2015 RAM, I never built it out to what I wanted and regretted it.... so here we are.

I want this to be the ultimate go anywhere, do anything rig. Take me and the pup anywhere in the PNW and Montana any time of year and still be a truck that can carry stuff, tow and be a wildly impractical daily driver.

2020 RAM 2500 Megacab

IMG_7692.JPG

We just put my GFC camper on last week, its been sitting in a field at my buddies house after selling the old truck.

So far I have some stuff sitting in the garage and still on order waiting on covid backlog:
40x13.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers
AEV 17x10 Wheel
AEV Fenerliners/Flares
AEV Lift
Baja Designs On6X dual control 30"bar
Warn 12k winch

I will need some advice or help on the following:
Onboard air, I have a stand along compressor good for 37" tires but I would like a hard mount unit with air chuck and can inflate 40's
Portable fridge... is it really worth it?
Awnings
Front bumpers compatible with AEV flares. Will order AEV bumper when they finally get around to selling it, unless someone has a comparable one.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Sold my 2015 RAM, I never built it out to what I wanted and regretted it.... so here we are.

I want this to be the ultimate go anywhere, do anything rig. Take me and the pup anywhere in the PNW and Montana any time of year and still be a truck that can carry stuff, tow and be a wildly impractical daily driver.

2020 RAM 2500 Megacab

View attachment 173586

We just put my GFC camper on last week, its been sitting in a field at my buddies house after selling the old truck.

So far I have some stuff sitting in the garage and still on order waiting on covid backlog:
40x13.5 Nitto Trail Grapplers
AEV 17x10 Wheel
AEV Fenerliners/Flares
AEV Lift
Baja Designs On6X dual control 30"bar
Warn 12k winch

I will need some advice or help on the following:
Onboard air, I have a stand along compressor good for 37" tires but I would like a hard mount unit with air chuck and can inflate 40's
Portable fridge... is it really worth it?
Awnings
Front bumpers compatible with AEV flares. Will order AEV bumper when they finally get around to selling it, unless someone has a comparable one.
Portable fridge is not needed but man it’s a game changer. It’s nice not worrying about ice or melted ice. It’s very difficult to go back since I bit the bullet.

Sound like your build is on the right track!

Reactions: Ubiety

Roamerram

Rank I

Traveler I

Vail, AZ, USA
First Name
Doron
Last Name
Strassman
Member #

I was wondering what is your plan for a spare tire? I have a 16 Megacab that I use for overlanding.

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
I was wondering what is your plan for a spare tire? I have a 16 Megacab that I use for overlanding.

Currently looking at rear bumper options with a single or double swing arm. Covid has really killed development and retail sales of new stuff for the 5th gen Rams. Worst case Ill do the AEV vertical mount, a 40" just clears under the deck of the GFC.

Attachments

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
No updated pics?
D64FB428-54AC-4BBB-B1D9-F88609CA9D4F.jpeg

Picked up all this today, just night dropped it at the shop. Hopefully I’ll have her back Friday night. Getting the lift, fenders and tires on and wiring up the lighting

Bumper is still about a month out so when she goes back for round 2 it will be the bumper, winch, onboard air. Getting close!!

SGpdx

Rank III

Contributor III

Oregon
FINALLY got the first and major part of the install done. Fenders, lift, wheels and tires are done!! Just got it tonight and havn't seen it in the light yet but it drives great.

Late Dec or early Jan the front bumper, winch, lights and onboard air will go in.

Still looking for rear bumper solutions that can mount a 40" tire with a rear camera relocation.

..... and those terrible chrome badges on the hood go away tomorrow when I get home from work.

IMG_8879.JPG

Ill get better photos and info up soon.

PNW EXPLR

Local Expert Southeast Washington, USA
Investor

Explorer I

Kennewick, WA, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Denniston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LYZ
Awesome build!

Did you do the AEV front fender flares? How was the job if so?

Reactions: SGpdx