Contributor I

Ashland, KY, USA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Haukedahl
Member #

Hello all

Im having trouble buying a lift kit since this is my first time buying one and was hoping some could help me out

I have a 2020 jeep gladiator sport and want to lift it 2.5 to 3.5 to accommodate bigger tires 37s at the most more than likely 35s and to get better clearance out of the vehicle this is also my DD
I would do some over-landing no deep water crossings that would go above the bumper. So minor mud and minor rocks.

For the kits ive looked at so far are the

Skyjacker 3.5 lift kit runs around $900 us

Metal cloak true lift kit 3.5 $1300 us

Metal cloak gamechanger for $2100

And a fabtech trail kit for aroun $1900

My questions are

Are these kits really worth it

Would the skyjacker be enough if i swapped out the shocks on it for some fox shocks

Or should i buy once and cry once for the game changer

Any suggestions would be great even if its not what i listed

Thanks
Gearjunkie

Rolando

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Lovettsville, VA
First Name
Roland
Last Name
Woldt
Member #

I haven't looked at the products you refer above, but I would look out for two things: geometry correction brackets, and the spring/lift rating. The first is self explanatory if you want to keep good driving manners, and the second is depending on the weight that will add to your Jeep - bumpers, bed rack, RTT, etc.

Let us know what you decided on.

Gearjunkie

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ashland, KY, USA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Haukedahl
Member #

I haven't looked at the products you refer above, but I would look out for two things: geometry correction brackets, and the spring/lift rating. The first is self explanatory if you want to keep good driving manners, and the second is depending on the weight that will add to your Jeep - bumpers, bed rack, RTT, etc.

Let us know what you decided on.
More than likely add stubby on the front and steel bumper on the back would probaly add a rack and i can take or leave the roof top tent slept on the ground for years wont hurt for a few more lol

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
My personal opinion would be to "buy once and cry once". I run the game changer on my JKU and have not had a single issue with it and the customer service was great. They called me a few times to keep me posted on the order.

Gearjunkie

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Ashland, KY, USA
First Name
Dane
Last Name
Haukedahl
Member #

My personal opinion would be to "buy once and cry once". I run the game changer on my JKU and have not had a single issue with it and the customer service was great. They called me a few times to keep me posted on the order.
Did you have to upgrade the front axle?

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Not at all. Lift is fairly easy to install, you can find the install instructions on their web page.

Reactions: Gearjunkie