Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Nice build! Thanks for sharing! Traded in my 2017 JKU for a Gladiator this spring and LOVE it! So much nicer on the pavement and feels extremely confident off road. Have been customizing it to be what I want but recently bought our son a 1965 Gladiator and all my attention is going to that now.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Well may man, I pulled the trigger and will be eating Mac-n- Cheese for a while...thanks for your input and observations. I went to "look" with my wife on Saturday and we couldn't help ourselves. Al lot of haggling and such, but we came home with a loaded up 2021 JT Rubicon Gladiator. I hView attachment 173746ope to meet up sometime soon and to the many mods to come...once my wallet recovers.
Nice! What options did you end up with? Wish I had the front trail cam and the rear AC outlet but got the rest of the options except for the BT speaker and steel bumper - I was chasing a deal on a particular unit. I particularly like the adaptive cruise control and the heated steering wheel is becoming really nice as I get older and the days get colder. Hey that rhymed ;)

Hillbilly Sportscar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos
Member #

I have put 35,000 miles on the Gladiator this year. I didn't have to go to work during the pandemic so I went on as many trips as possible. I have since bought a Suzuki DRZ 400 and have been doing a lot of enduro riding. The Jeep works as an excellent camper:
IMG_0520.jpgB4D1C39D-DBF5-4BDB-8ADB-28745995B907.JPGIMG_0939.jpgIMG_1025.jpgIMG_1220.jpg

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Very nice! I love to see the integration of dual sport with offroading. I do the same with my DR-Z400S. I've had this bike for 13 years now and it's been great!

20200502_105728.jpg

Reactions: Hillbilly Sportscar

Hillbilly Sportscar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos
Member #

Latest project is DIY on board air. I got two harbor freight compressors over time, then got a 2 gallon viair tank as a gift. I was able to hook everything up today to my relay switch panel.

Attachments

Hillbilly Sportscar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos
Member #

I used jumper cable for my to power a relay (this is the cheapest wiring option in my opinion-get them dirt cheap at harbor freight). Got a PSI pressure switch going to the air tank so it automatically shuts off before reaching max psi and turns on when the tank gets low. Then had to go through wiring everything from scratch. I used heat shrink on everything and will add protecting wire loom when time permits.

Attachments

Last edited:

Hillbilly Sportscar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos
Member #

Here is the final product-everything fits under the rear seat and folds all the way down without issue. If I run the compressor I will have one of the seats up to make sure they don’t get too hot. The system is 150psi max, I anticipate being able to fill up tires quickly, maybe use an impact to take off a tire, fill up all my outdoor equipment. It cost me about $250 as is, some of it I had, some of it were gifts, but in retrospect I probably should have saved and gone ARB. Time will tell.

Attachments

Reactions: ptgarcia

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Here is the final product-everything fits under the rear seat and folds all the way down without issue. If I run the compressor I will have one of the seats up to make sure they don’t get too hot. The system is 150psi max, I anticipate being able to fill up tires quickly, maybe use an impact to take off a tire, fill up all my outdoor equipment. It cost me about $250 as is, some of it I had, some of it were gifts, but in retrospect I probably should have saved and gone ARB. Time will tell.
Looks like a clean install. I think what you did is better than the ARB. It's easy to swap components in and out to make the system exactly what you need.

Hillbilly Sportscar

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

San Carlos
Member #

Looks like a clean install. I think what you did is better than the ARB. It's easy to swap components in and out to make the system exactly what you need.
I just ran hose connectors to each passenger back door so I can run air to either side of the vehicle easily. I think the interchangeability is going to be nice. Next I will be working on some kind of roof rack or cross bar set up.